Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 7:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rapture Road Trip
Rapture Road Trip
There are going to be some seriously disappointed morons two & a half months from now.

OMFBBQ!

Quote:"I know it's absolutely true, because the Bible is always absolutely true," he says. "If I were not faithful that would mean that I'm a hypocrite."

'Amazing how God works'

Then again, they'll probably "revise" their prediction like other similar cults have from antiquity. Hell, this guy already has done it once.

"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
RE: Rapture Road Trip
That's Nice Angry
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Recipe for a Christian Nutjob:

1. Take one small child, inculcate mind with Christian gibberish
2. Reinforce gibberish continuously with bible camps, “youth groups”, etc.
3. Let mind simmer, unstirred, until adulthood
4. Voila! Rapture Ready Nutjob is complete!

“They walked away from work, families and communities in places as far-flung as California, Kansas, Utah and New Jersey. Among them are an electrician (who grabbed a live wire), a TV satellite dish installer (to help tune in the rapture news feed), a former chef (hey, kooks gotta eat, ya know), an international IT consultant (he just wants to do “IT” with some kooky ladies) and a man who had worked with the developmentally disabled (some of whom were apparently contagious).”
"If there are gaps they are in our knowledge, not in things themselves." Chapman Cohen

"Shit-apples don't fall far from the shit-tree, Randy." Mr. Lahey
I can't wait to visit Camping's site on the 22nd of May.
I really hope he doesn't backpeddle again though, since this is his 4th prediction.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals WinterHold 9 1308 May 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  The rapture is finally here again! chatpilot 111 28444 December 4, 2010 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Zen Badger