Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals
Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals
For years I thought that this wing doesn't exist. Perhaps I was very wrong, and money is not the only mover behind the strange events we're seeing everyday.

Read this with me to realize the size of the disaster:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/us-...52961.html

Quote:Trump held up what he said was a bible given to him by his mother. “She wrote the name and my address and it’s just very special to me,” he said, in a quiet voice. He then referred to polls showing his strong support among evangelicals and added: “I want to thank the evangelicals. I will never let you down.”

The following day, Trump went to church in Council Bluffs and confused the silver communion plates that were passed around with the offering plates, reaching for dollar bills from his pocket and leading some to question just how frequently he attended such services.

So it's not just about "the money"; isn't it? There is a very obvious cause behind the actions of so many in the White House:

What is more crazy though, is that the same article, from the " Indapendant", had wrote:

Quote:The Rev David Swaggerty, leader of CharismaLife Ministries in Columbus, Ohio, told the Religion News Service, that the embassy relocation was not simply a geopolitical bonus. “We see the embassy as crucial to God’s timing to bring about the revelation of the messiah,” he said.

Let me hear this straight: is the Independent, talking about a group of Evangelical zionists who own the white house now, and carry on "a foreign policy" that is biased towards a Jewish state? So the guys who spoke about "the grand plan being written in the Pentagon to aid the coming of Christ" weren't liars or delusional or "Conspiracy theorist ". Here; it's public now.

Quote:In essence, some evangelicals believe the transfer of the embassy and the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital will help bring about the so-called rapture, an event in which they believe all Christians, living and dead, will join with God. As news website Vox pointed out, these interpretations based on the books of Revelation and Daniel, suggest the return of Jesus will take place once the Jewish temple in Jerusalem is rebuilt and Israel is made an exclusively Jewish state.

?

Is that why America fought in Iraq? If that is the mentality leading the U.S, then nothing on me for expecting every word or every speech from that land to be directed to kill me and replace me with a Jew to "bring forth the rapture". Islamic terrorism loses its defining borders when Evangelical madness is taken into consideration. ISIS is the U.S, always was, always will be. It's the perfect proxy to destroy Islam's reputation for good.
RE: Jerusalem, rapture, the coming of christ, and crazy evangelicals
(May 21, 2018 at 10:06 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: ?

Is that why America fought in Iraq? 
In part..yes..and here you'd been thinking it was about some oil we weren;t buying from the me. Granted, there was a profit motive that interested parties used the neocon asshats to exploit. They were pumping up money from soldiers and taxpayers, though..not the ground. All those juicy contracts....mmmmm...delicious.

You;re still only halfway to lucidity, though, imagining that ISIS is the US or that islam has a good name to ruin. The truth is that the me was a soft target, nobody cries a tear for islamists and they can;t mount a credible defense to the profit engine. Prolonging a conflict prolongs the contracts.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 21, 2018 at 10:06 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: For years I thought that this wing doesn't exist. Perhaps I was very wrong, and money is not the only mover behind the strange events we're seeing everyday.

Read this with me to realize the size of the disaster:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/us-...52961.html

Quote:Trump held up what he said was a bible given to him by his mother. “She wrote the name and my address and it’s just very special to me,” he said, in a quiet voice. He then referred to polls showing his strong support among evangelicals and added: “I want to thank the evangelicals. I will never let you down.”

The following day, Trump went to church in Council Bluffs and confused the silver communion plates that were passed around with the offering plates, reaching for dollar bills from his pocket and leading some to question just how frequently he attended such services.

So it's not just about "the money"; isn't it? There is a very obvious cause behind the actions of so many in the White House:

What is more crazy though, is that the same article, from the " Indapendant", had wrote:

Quote:The Rev David Swaggerty, leader of CharismaLife Ministries in Columbus, Ohio, told the Religion News Service, that the embassy relocation was not simply a geopolitical bonus. “We see the embassy as crucial to God’s timing to bring about the revelation of the messiah,” he said.

Let me hear this straight: is the Independent, talking about a group of Evangelical zionists who own the white house now, and carry on "a foreign policy" that is biased towards a Jewish state? So the guys who spoke about "the grand plan being written in the Pentagon to aid the coming of Christ" weren't liars or delusional or "Conspiracy theorist ". Here; it's public now.

Quote:In essence, some evangelicals believe the transfer of the embassy and the recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital will help bring about the so-called rapture, an event in which they believe all Christians, living and dead, will join with God. As news website Vox pointed out, these interpretations based on the books of Revelation and Daniel, suggest the return of Jesus will take place once the Jewish temple in Jerusalem is rebuilt and Israel is made an exclusively Jewish state.

?

Is that why America fought in Iraq? If that is the mentality leading the U.S, then nothing on me for expecting every word or every speech from that land to be directed to kill me and replace me with a Jew to "bring forth the rapture". Islamic terrorism loses its defining borders when Evangelical madness is taken into consideration. ISIS is the U.S, always was, always will be. It's the perfect proxy to destroy Islam's reputation for good.
fake news.

You guys are the ones who never been to church. 

When ever the communion plate comes around EVERYONE reaches for gum and their offering. While the bread and wine are going around most people are writing their checks or scraping their pennies off the bottom of their purses. That or they are reaching for gum to take the bitter cheapo wine taste out of their mouths.

You 'good people' are clueless as to how church works, so then how can you judge a man who actually attends it?
Do you think his post was about going to church?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
first paragraph sport. that was what I was answering to.

The criticism that trump reached into his pocket when the first plate went around because he couldn't tell between money and cracker plates... ANYONE who's every been knows the wine is next followed by the money. I simply pointed out when the cracker plate is passed most people are trying to find the smallest bill they can or gum for the boon's farm or MD 20/20 most places serve now a days.
IOW no, it;s just that you're a pigeon with tourrettes.  Noted.
(May 22, 2018 at 1:33 pm)Drich Wrote: first paragraph sport. that was what I was answering to.

The criticism that trump reached into his pocket when the first plate went around because he couldn't tell between money and cracker plates... ANYONE who's every been knows the wine is next followed by the money. I simply pointed out when the cracker plate is passed most people are trying to find the smallest bill they can or gum for the boon's farm or MD 20/20 most places serve now a days.

ROFLOL
Sport?

You are pretending to be Jay Gatsby now?

A fake faking another fake while talking about fake news. You are indeed extremely deficient in autoimmunity, sport.
Dripshit and the WLB are two phony bastards.
Cracker???
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
As a teenager, I used to spend my days daydreaming when Jesus was going to come again.  We thought that it would happen in the mid-80s, as the State of Israel had been founded "a generation" earlier.

I wasted my life, and with it, a career, perhaps, in science!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion: Just Plain Crazy Minimalist 10 2274 September 26, 2017 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Pseudo-Christians, you missed Jesus' SECOND COMING! 21stCenturyIconoclast 45 5163 January 2, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  NEW Religion - Cobainism Second coming of Jesus Cobainism 73 6640 November 27, 2016 at 7:17 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Maybe I'm being crazy... BrokenQuill92 18 1872 November 21, 2016 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Just to show that the 'Murricans don't have the monopoly on christian crazy GUBU 5 1687 April 13, 2016 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is it historically true that Paul the Apostle was excomunicated from Jerusalem Church Ranur32 2 1465 November 26, 2015 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
Video Jesus Christ, A Pointless Sacrifice Mental Outlaw 16 4258 April 5, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Crazy Religious Clothes TubbyTubby 26 5046 March 9, 2015 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Catholicism is crazy too watchamadoodle 31 5301 February 15, 2015 at 6:34 am
Last Post: robvalue
  The Crazy, Screwed Up Story of Lot Nope 34 8375 December 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Drich