Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal rescues.
Animal rescues.
Tell us your stories.

A couple of years ago I rescued two tiny birds that seemed to be dumped out of their nests as babies. I called bird rescue  and named them Darwin and Dawkins when they were picked up.

A year before, one of my closest friends rescued an abandon squirrel.They named it "Red" because of it's fur but I would have named it Rocky.
RE: Animal rescues.
I saw a fish drowning in the water. I pulled it out but apparently not in time as it died anyway.
I once convinced my father to let me care for a runt piglet. When the animal got too big, he was sold to my uncle, who was raising him for slaughter. This idea came to a halt when words began magically appearing in a spider web above the pigsty, things like 'Some Pig' and 'Terrific'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
This guy:

[Image: 20190612-200311-1-1.jpg]

Turned up the day after I attended a funeral.

He had respiratory issues.

Took him to the vet and got him anti-biotics.

He was about three months old at the time.

Turns out he had been abandoned because another like him showed up at another place a couple of days later.

A few years later, I still have him.
Dying to live, living to die.
(April 20, 2021 at 4:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once convinced my father to let me care for a runt piglet. When the animal got too big, he was sold to my uncle, who was raising him for slaughter. This idea came to a halt when words began magically appearing in a spider web above the pigsty, things like 'Some Pig' and 'Terrific'.

Boru

That was one of my favorite books as a kid.
We saved some baby bunnies that were in our back yard a few years ago.  They lived in a cage in the house will they were big enough to set free in the woods by a local lake.  I called animal control when there were three baby squirrels in the yard and the young man who picked them up was planning to keep them himself.  Others haven't been so lucky and fallen victim to the dogs.

But here's Blue, who I got from a local shelter in the fall of 2013 and a more recent photo.  The shelter had one kitten...they called him Grumpy cat 2.0.

[Image: oSuienl.jpg]

[Image: 9VYIfGP.jpg]

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(April 20, 2021 at 6:58 am)arewethereyet Wrote: We saved some baby bunnies that were in our back yard a few years ago.  They lived in a cage in the house will they were big enough to set free in the woods by a local lake.  I called animal control when there were three baby squirrels in the yard and the young man who picked them up was planning to keep them himself.  Others haven't been so lucky and fallen victim to the dogs.

But here's Blue, who I got from a local shelter in the fall of 2013 and a more recent photo.  The shelter had one kitten...they called him Grumpy cat 2.0.

[Image: oSuienl.jpg]

[Image: 9VYIfGP.jpg]

Cats rule!
(April 20, 2021 at 6:55 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 20, 2021 at 4:03 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I once convinced my father to let me care for a runt piglet. When the animal got too big, he was sold to my uncle, who was raising him for slaughter. This idea came to a halt when words began magically appearing in a spider web above the pigsty, things like 'Some Pig' and 'Terrific'.

Boru

That was one of my favorite books as a kid.

There’s a book?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(April 20, 2021 at 7:08 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(April 20, 2021 at 6:55 am)Brian37 Wrote: That was one of my favorite books as a kid.

There’s a book?

Boru

Yea, books exist, and TV and movies,  for the most part follows authors. Jaws was also a movie but it started out as a book by Peter Benchley.
I have a whitetail deer that got hit by a car - so we brought it home and took care of it.

It's resting comfortably in the freezer.

We call it "Dinner".

We just love it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Animal cruelty paulpablo 13 697 March 6, 2022 at 12:32 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Proof that I am not an Animal fromdownunder 4 467 September 4, 2018 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Animal torture purplepurpose 17 2794 May 19, 2018 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Human/Animal Hybrid Catholic_Lady 60 7185 February 5, 2017 at 5:08 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  My Favorite Animal Amarok 51 6794 January 16, 2017 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Athene
  Anyone got a handle on what constitutes animal magnetism? brewer 13 1405 May 25, 2016 at 9:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Let me tell you your spirit animal dyresand 62 4557 January 26, 2016 at 7:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Found out something at the animal shelter vorlon13 1 1002 September 8, 2014 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Chinchilla/Animal Cruelty video dreenbmp 0 601 June 17, 2014 at 4:41 pm
Last Post: dreenbmp
  What animal represents your country Godscreated 19 5057 September 19, 2013 at 11:39 am
Last Post: pocaracas