Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: December 6, 2022, 5:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A disgraceful god
#31
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 29, 2021 at 9:51 pm)Mercyvessel Wrote: I say this from personal experience......

Personal experience is only relevant to the single individual participating in the mind concept.
Reply
#32
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 25, 2021 at 7:30 pm)Mercyvessel Wrote:
(April 20, 2021 at 9:47 am)Eleven Wrote: God is supposed to be the penultimate father figure. Perhaps to those who invented him. After all, we always create that which we most desire, that which will have the most positive influence on society, and only through the ages as we progress does it become most apparent that what used to be popular has found itself floundering amidst the waves of societal change.

Anyone intelligent enough to spell a word properly should also be capable of understanding that a god which should exist cannot disgrace us with messages that only come from believers full of overwhelming acclaim that overshadows logic.

Dishonor fills the theistic world on too many levels for any of their apologetics to be taken seriously. Be a true believer and own up to your abhorrent silliness or forfeit the illogical faith for reality.

As the idea of god is a disgrace to any sensible individual, unwarranted belief is not above reproach.

After all, a true god would not be the kind of disappointment that cannot prove his existence to anyone except those who profess through ill reason.
<snipping the badly formatted text>

I don't care about your god's existence, if you're christian I can prove he doesn't exist, but I do care about your attempt to force me to profess belief in something for which you have no evidenfe.

PS in response to your other post, I have read the bible from cover to cover almost (skipping only the geneologies), hence why I'm no longer christian.
The great appear great because we are on our knees. Let us rise!
Big James
Reply
#33
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 29, 2021 at 9:51 pm)Mercyvessel Wrote: For it is written: “As I live, says the LordEvery knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God.” - Rom 14:11

Kiss my ass!  Razz
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Reply
#34
RE: A disgraceful god


[Image: Fenrir-sign.jpg]
Reply
#35
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 29, 2021 at 9:51 pm)Mercyvessel Wrote: [quote pid='2034904' dateline='1619399137']
Truly, if you could know GOD by His grace and really read the Bible (and I pray that you all eventually do to saving of the soul), you would "taste and see that the LORD is good" - I say this from personal experience and most especially, from the infallible word of GOD - the holy Bible.  No prophecy written therein has failed, none will fail. It will all be revealed at the end, as prophesied... but many will keep denying until then. 

For the record, and not withstanding that GOD is all-powerful yet meek and keeps His own word/laws - He does indeed command obedience from His creatures! 

Why not obey the Creator in whose hand is life? Is it because you/we have some right, or are wiser or stronger than He? Is it pride? "Pride comes before a fall"! Would you tolerate your own child/ren (say toddlers) refusing to listen to a word you say, insisting on their own way, and on top of it all - insult you? 

"God resists the proud, b
ut gives grace to the humble.” 

Know this though, after all is said and done, and the possibility of salvation / reconciliation with GOD ends (at the end of the age or at the moment one's body dies) - we will all know that GOD is GOD.

For it is written: “As I live, says the LordEvery knee shall bow to Me, And every
 tongue shall confess to God.” - Rom 14:11

Same shit, different troll.

What in the holy fuck makes you think I've never read your buy-bull? It's one great long unadulterated dog turd of a book. How 'bout this. You bring some actual, testable, verifiable evidence of your claims.

I won\t hold my breath.

ETA: Would you please to to use the quote function. Most brain damaged parakeets can mange it.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Reply
#36
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 29, 2021 at 9:51 pm)Mercyvessel Wrote: Truly, if you could know GOD by His grace and really read the Bible (and I pray that you all eventually do to saving of the soul)...

I've read the Bible -- without the handicap of someone trying to convince me that it was true. I've never believed it.

Your beliefs simply do not stand on their own merits, Mercyvessel - they have to be indoctrinated into people. One of the primary targets for such indoctrination are the very young, who cannot yet distinguish between truth and fantasy. I was fortunate to have parents who spared me that treatment, so when I read the Bible on my own initiative it came across as just a storybook about some ancient people.

The only part of the entire book that made any sense at all was Matthew 25:35-40, and one does not have to be religious to practice what it preaches.

Quote:He does indeed command obedience from His creatures!

Command ignored. I don't take orders from imaginary fiends.

Quote:Why not obey the Creator in whose hand is life?

Because. It. Doesn't. Fucking. Exist. And. It. Didn't. Create. Bugger-All.

Quote:Is it because you/we have some right, or are wiser or stronger than He?

Everyone on this forum -- including you, Mercyvessel -- is stronger than your god. If you want to be wiser too, start examining your beliefs in a more critical light instead of sucking up to them.

Quote:Know this though, after all is said and done, and the possibility of salvation / reconciliation with GOD ends (at the end of the age or at the moment one's body dies) - we will all know that GOD is GOD.

Sorry, no. When you die, Mercyvessel, it's game over for your beliefs. In order to know something, your brain has to be alive. (Oh, and dead people's knees don't bend, either, unless the undertaker is positioning them on the cremation slab or in the coffin.)
Reply
#37
RE: A disgraceful god
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]dipshit 2.0:
The Almighty should be compelled to "prove His existence" to who? His creation? To you, oh man on this one terrestrial ball!? 

Yet, because He declares and exhibits His humility, He righteously does prove the same - “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools.” - Romans 1:18-22

Creation, which we love to enjoy - as does the Holy Bible - tell us GOD thoughtfully made it all to be enjoyed! Yet, rather than be thankful, ask questions, or at least be silent, some are regrettably unwise enough to insult the Almighty.
 
Error that comes with consequence! “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”
 
I have told you.

What is in the woodwork here, meth?
Reply
#38
RE: A disgraceful god
Quote:The Almighty should be compelled to "prove His existence" to who? His creation? To you, oh man on this one terrestrial ball!? 
He's the one who wants us to believe in him so it up to him 


Quote:Yet, because He declares and exhibits His humility, He righteously does prove the same - “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools.” - Romans 1:18-22
Reciting ancient mythology proves nothing 

Quote:Creation, which we love to enjoy - as does the Holy Bible - tell us GOD thoughtfully made it all to be enjoyed! Yet, rather than be thankful, ask questions, or at least be silent, some are regrettably unwise enough to insult the Almighty.
The existence of stuff proves nothing 
 

Quote:Error that comes with consequence! “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion.”
 
I have told you.
Idle threat move sways no rational minds
“The sun from far gives life. But get close to it and it burns anything down to ashes”

[Image: flag-ukraine_1f1fa-1f1e6.png]  Heart [Image: canada-google.png]        

 “No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM


      
Reply
#39
RE: A disgraceful god
(April 20, 2021 at 9:47 am)Eleven Wrote:
Quote: God is supposed to be the penultimate father figure. Perhaps to those who invented him. After all, we always create that which we most desire, that which will have the most positive influence on society, and only through the ages as we progress does it become most apparent that what used to be popular has found itself floundering amidst the waves of societal change.

Anyone intelligent enough to spell a word properly should also be capable of understanding that a god which should exist cannot disgrace us with messages that only come from believers full of overwhelming acclaim that overshadows logic.

Dishonor fills the theistic world on too many levels for any of their apologetics to be taken seriously. Be a true believer and own up to your abhorrent silliness or forfeit the illogical faith for reality. 
But not everyone who follows God follows 

As the idea of god is a disgrace to any sensible individual, unwarranted belief is not above reproach.
But no man can make a prefect presentation of his beliefs. This does not mean however, that the beliefs are wrong.
What I do not understand is how Christianity is illogical. There are many highly intelligent people who are Christians. And there are many more intelligent people outside of Christianity who believe in God.

Quote: After all, a true god would not be the kind of disappointment that cannot prove his existence to anyone except those who profess through ill reason.
But God does not need to prove his existence to us, as much as a human does not need to prove his existence to a microorganism.
God is big.

Thanks,
Ed
Reply
#40
RE: A disgraceful god
Quote:But God does not need to prove his existence to us, as much as a human does not need to prove his existence to a microorganism.
God is big.

The chief differences being that we do not demand that microorganisms love us, that we do not promise to intervene to make life better for microorganisms, and we do not promise that microorganisms will live forever if they follow our rules.

If God demands a particular set of behaviours from human beings, it seems incumbent upon God to unmistakably demonstrate his existence to us.

Boru
‘Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.’ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply



Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 10617 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 5872 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)