Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone explain this to me?
Someone explain this to me?
I think it is safe to say most of the sane world condemns the Saudi government for ordering the murder of Jammal Khasshogi, or Putin posioning reporters. 

But what the fuck just happened today with Isreal? I fucking hate Hannity, and Fox Noise. But in the west, I'd like to think we aspire to sue, not murder bad players in media who lie about you. 

I can even tangentually understand Isreal going after Al Jazeera, but Bibi bombed the same fucking building The Associate Press had offices in.

What Bibi's administration did today was akin, and far worse than what Sean Spicer did in his first press conference for the former guy in shouting at the press, "sit down and shut up".
RE: Someone explain this to me?
What happened was that Israeli jets destroyed an office building used by the AP and other journalistic organisations, saying it was also housing Hamas militants. Sufficient advance warning was given, the building was evacuated, and no one was harmed. This isn’t remotely the worst thing Israel did today.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 15, 2021 at 4:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What happened was that Israeli jets destroyed an office building used by the AP and other journalistic organisations, saying it was also housing Hamas militants. Sufficient advance warning was given, the building was evacuated, and no one was harmed. This isn’t remotely the worst thing Israel did today.

Boru

I don't give a shit about "advanced warning". That is a fucking ruse. It still amounts to Isreal distroying infrastructure  for journalists.

Sean Spicer didn't murder anyone during his first press conference but any sane journalist in the world knew what the fuck he was saying, " Shut up and obey".

Again, I could almost see if the building were solely occupied by Al Jazeera, but the AP occupied the same building. Nobody sane can say the AP are on the side of ISIS or Hamas.
(May 15, 2021 at 4:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 15, 2021 at 4:43 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What happened was that Israeli jets destroyed an office building used by the AP and other journalistic organisations, saying it was also housing Hamas militants. Sufficient advance warning was given, the building was evacuated, and no one was harmed. This isn’t remotely the worst thing Israel did today.

Boru

I don't give a shit about "advanced warning". That is a fucking ruse. It still amounts to Isreal distroying infrastructure  for journalists.

Sean Spicer didn't murder anyone during his first press conference but any sane journalist in the world knew what the fuck he was saying, " Shut up and obey".

Again, I could almost see if the building were solely occupied by Al Jazeera, but the AP occupied the same building. Nobody sane can say the AP are on the side of ISIS or Hamas.

In your first post, you implied that Israel was aspiring to murder journalists. The fact that they were given time to evacuate proves that isn’t the case. This means ‘advance warning’ is crucial to understanding the story, so you absolutely SHOULD ‘give a shit’ about it.

And no, it wasn’t an attack on journalism’s infrastructure. It was an attack on Hamas intelligence officials who happed to be using the same buildings as the the journalists.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
37 - Explain something to me

someone - explains

37 - That's not the explanation I wanted

Wash, rinse, repeat

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 15, 2021 at 4:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 15, 2021 at 4:53 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I don't give a shit about "advanced warning". That is a fucking ruse. It still amounts to Isreal distroying infrastructure  for journalists.

In your first post, you implied that Israel was aspiring to murder journalists. The fact that they were given time to evacuate proves that isn’t the case. This means ‘advance warning’ is crucial to understanding the story, so you absolutely SHOULD ‘give a shit’ about it.

And no, it wasn’t an attack on journalism’s infrastructure. It was an attack on Hamas intelligence officials who happed to be using the same buildings as the the journalists.

Boru

No I did NOT imply Israel as a entire population was inspiring to murder journalists. I AM HOWEVER saying what Bibi did today, even with his "warning" was akin to Spicer saying to journalists "know your place".
I think in 4/4 count it's down, left, right, up.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(May 15, 2021 at 5:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 15, 2021 at 4:59 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: In your first post, you implied that Israel was aspiring to murder journalists. The fact that they were given time to evacuate proves that isn’t the case. This means ‘advance warning’ is crucial to understanding the story, so you absolutely SHOULD ‘give a shit’ about it.

Boru

No I did NOT imply Israel as a entire population was inspiring to murder journalists. I AM HOWEVER saying what Bibi did today, even with his "warning" was akin to Spicer saying to journalists "know your place".

Sorry, fair point. I should have said ‘the Israel government’ or ‘the Israeli military’. But the point still stands that the objective of this was NOT to kill anyone. The IDF are very, very good at killing people. If they had wanted to, they would have.

I’ll try once more: this was not an attack on journalists or journalism. If Hamas has been using a bakery for cover and the Israelis destroyed the bakery, would that be an attack on cheesecake?

Boru
(May 15, 2021 at 5:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(May 15, 2021 at 5:04 pm)Brian37 Wrote: No I did NOT imply Israel as a entire population was inspiring to murder journalists. I AM HOWEVER saying what Bibi did today, even with his "warning" was akin to Spicer saying to journalists "know your place".

Sorry, fair point. I should have said ‘the Israel government’ or ‘the Israeli military’. But the point still stands that the objective of this was NOT to kill anyone. The IDF are very, very good at killing people. If they had wanted to, they would have.

I’ll try once more: this was not an attack on journalists or journalism. If Hamas has been using a bakery for cover and the Israelis destroyed the bakery, would that be an attack on cheesecake?

Boru

I am tired of Bibi's hiding behind "intent". This is the same fucking excuse American Presidents of both parties used to excuse taking more and more land from Natives. 

I fucking take this very personally, beacuse I have a communication degree and have interned in TV and worked in Radio. Bibi is scating on thin ice with me, not that he hasn't for decades. But certianly now far more than ever. I don't give a shit that he gave a "warning". To me to media, that is no different to me than how Trump and Spicer have treated dissent. 

If the issue was Hamas rockets, why are you targeting a building that houses even the AP? The Associated Press is not Hamas, or ISIS or even Fox News. "Nobody died" is the same bullshit Spicer used in his first presser too. It was still a direct threat to journalism to not question authority.
(May 15, 2021 at 5:34 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(May 15, 2021 at 5:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, fair point. I should have said ‘the Israel government’ or ‘the Israeli military’. But the point still stands that the objective of this was NOT to kill anyone. The IDF are very, very good at killing people. If they had wanted to, they would have.

Boru

I am tired of Bibi's hiding behind "intent". This is the same fucking excuse American Presidents of both parties used to excuse taking more and more land from Natives. 

I fucking take this very personally, beacuse I have a communication degree and have interned in TV and worked in Radio. Bibi is scating on thin ice with me, not that he hasn't for decades. But certianly now far more than ever. I don't give a shit that he gave a "warning". To me to media, that is no different to me than how Trump and Spicer have treated dissent. 

If the issue was Hamas rockets, why are you targeting a building that houses even the AP? The Associated Press is not Hamas, or ISIS or even Fox News. "Nobody died" is the same bullshit Spicer used in his first presser too. It was still a direct threat to journalism to not question authority.

The issue was only tangentially Hamas rockets. It was Hamas intelligence officers.

For the third time, this attack had nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with journalists. I don’t know how I can explain it any more clearly than I’ve already done.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone explain to me onlinebiker 5 298 September 21, 2021 at 10:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Girls Vs. Boys: Brain Differences Might Explain Tech Behaviors EgoDeath 25 1630 September 26, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How is a Halloween Parade Not "Inclusive", please explain Neo-Scholastic 25 2754 October 30, 2017 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Amarok
  I knew that water slide would kill someone. Brian37 53 4956 August 10, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Someone tried to kill steven hawking dyresand 43 3519 July 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Do You Congratulate Someone For A Promotion Like This? Minimalist 11 1759 January 29, 2016 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Someone Aware Me Please? ThePinsir 25 6634 July 25, 2014 at 11:16 am
Last Post: A Theist