Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Congratulate Someone For A Promotion Like This?
Do You Congratulate Someone For A Promotion Like This?
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/pentagon...ghanistan/

Quote:Pentagon announces pick for US commander in Afghanistan

Roughly equivalent to saying "Congratulations, Lieutenant.  You are now in command of the Titanic!"
RE: Do You Congratulate Someone For A Promotion Like This?
He'll be riding a desk, getting bullshit reports about progress being made from his lower downs and feeding those bullshit reports to the higher ups. Meanwhile nothing in Afghanistan has changed and nothing is going to change.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(January 28, 2016 at 1:18 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: He'll be riding a desk, getting bullshit reports about progress being made from his lower downs and feeding those bullshit reports to the higher ups. Meanwhile nothing in Afghanistan has changed and nothing is going to change.

INCONCEIVABLE!
(January 28, 2016 at 1:18 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: He'll be riding a desk, getting bullshit reports about progress being made from his lower downs and feeding those bullshit reports to the higher ups. Meanwhile nothing in Afghanistan has changed and nothing is going to change.

"Progress being made by my lower downs" is now my new term for taking a shit.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

How interesting. I assume you know everything there is to know about it./sarcasm

You don't mean....dare I say it.... "the light at the end of the tunnel?"
(January 28, 2016 at 12:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/pentagon...ghanistan/

Quote:Pentagon announces pick for US commander in Afghanistan

Roughly equivalent to saying "Congratulations, Lieutenant.  You are now in command of the Titanic!"

In my own career, being entrusted with righting a failing operation is a compliment to the newly-charged leader.

Yes, it can also be a walk-the-plank moment. Do or die, brotha.

(January 28, 2016 at 1:40 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:

"Progress being made by my lower downs" is now my new term for taking a shit.

Haha Dude, I'm losing it.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
The main reason Afghanistan is screwed up is because the US wanted to maintain unrestricted access to opium.  When the USSR invaded the US saw it as a threat to its opium supply so it got the muslims to fight the commies.  Once the muslims realized that they should be in charge since they did the dying and cut off the opium the US got really pissed off and did what the commies had done.  It invaded the country and set up what it thought was a puppet government.  So today Afghanistan is covered with opium fields and tens of thousands of people are dead and wounded.  In the meantime the drug lords are getting superrich pushing heroin and a cure to the American people.

If the Taliban swore to allow unfettered access to the opium the blue bird of happiness would sing and peace would arrive in a nanosecond.  

American plots are responsible for tossing Afghanistan back into the 4th century.
American plots eh?  Seems like the afghanis were -awfully- helpful, to that end, then.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Someone explain to me onlinebiker 5 300 September 21, 2021 at 10:02 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Someone explain this to me? Brian37 20 1129 May 16, 2021 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Like Father Like Son-In-Law Minimalist 1 354 October 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Looks Like The WLB Will Fold Like A Cheap Camera Minimalist 1 592 June 20, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I knew that water slide would kill someone. Brian37 53 4967 August 10, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Someone tried to kill steven hawking dyresand 43 3549 July 2, 2016 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Floats like a butterfly stings like a Bee Brian37 0 751 November 21, 2015 at 7:23 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Someone Aware Me Please? ThePinsir 25 6674 July 25, 2014 at 11:16 am
Last Post: A Theist