Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help fight creationism
Help fight creationism
Over the past few days there has been an ongoing debate about the role of evolution versus creationism on one of Swedens most important online news/political debate forums.

You can help support science against the constant machinations of the christians by going to this site and just clicking your vote.

Go to this page:
http://www.newsmill.se/artikel/2011/03/1...ionsteorin

Scroll down the page, and click "ARG" in the graphics.

[Translation of the question: "How do you feel about creationism?". And the possible answers are: "happy" in blue; "curious" in green; "angry" in red; "bored" in brown.]

Thank you all so very much.
RE: Help fight creationism
Done Smile Though I don't think internet polls help a great deal.
(March 11, 2011 at 3:00 pm)theVOID Wrote: Done Smile Though I don't think internet polls help a great deal.

Actually this is one of the most influential forums in our country. Many politicians post here (and you can bet that they keep an eye on polls).

And thank you.
I don't include myself in polls from posters who haven't posted an introduction yet. Small principle of mine, even if the cause is good Tongue At least you're polite about it so far Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Today, I found something extremely mind blowing for me.
Creationism is a anagram of "So I'm a cretin"
Confused Fall
I am generally indifferent to Creationism of all types. I only get concerned when they (the Creationists) want to teach their particular brand of creationism as legitimate science in the school system.
undefined
There is not now nor has there ever been a debate between creationism and evolution.

Evolution is a scientific theory based on evidence. Creationism is a religious doctrine not based on evidence. IE; it's woo.

Yet here we are.

PLUS: The kind of apologists who believe in creationism and deny evolution do NOT debate.They argue from a position of personal certitude,unwilling to entertain even the possibility of error. That makes them intellectually dishonest,as well as pig ignorant. I really can't be bothered with such mentally flatulent people,in real life or on a forum.Cranky
Very true, Pad. The only people who think that Evolution and Kreatshunism are equivalent "theories" are religious shitwads.

Anyway....I voted "Argh."

Always wondered what pirates were saying. One learns something every day.
Point of order, evolution is a fact. What is a theory, is evolution by natural selection. Anyone who does not recognise these things has no understanding of how science works.
"If an injury must be done to a man, it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared" - Niccolo Macchiavelli

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why isn't there a fight against unhealthy food like is for drugs? NuclearEnergy 22 5374 May 25, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Isis
  Time to fight back: RANT BlackSwordsman 85 14480 May 29, 2014 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  The Kewt Way to Fight Rape Culture thesummerqueen 12 3787 December 15, 2012 at 7:11 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy
  Help four year old Sophie fight cancer! Autumnlicious 11 2917 October 28, 2011 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Darwinian
  Quadriplegic hunter wins legal fight, takes aim Rhizomorph13 5 3165 December 11, 2009 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Meatball