Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 7:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Artificial Rain Technology
Artificial Rain Technology
UAE Releases Artificial Rain Technology In Order To Combat Drought And The 50 Degree Plus Heat
thinkinghumanity.com
Quote:Dubai in the United Arab Emirates has revealed that it is using 'enhanced' or 'fake' rain technologies to combat heat and drought in the desert kingdom.

UAE's National Centre of Meteorology (NCM) recently released a video of an unusual rainstorm and then suggested on twitter that it was their 'rain seeding' technologies that were causing it.

The UAE has been looking into rain seeding technology since the 1990s. These technologies involve the use of aeroplanes, which fly over cloud formations and release silver iodide or other crystalline particles. These create ice crystals in the cloud, which melt and fall like rain. Another technique involves drones that fly into the clouds and release an electromagnetic charge that causes rain to form and fall.

The techniques used have been said to have increased rainfall in the UAE by between 15 and 35%.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Artificial Rain Technology
Arrakis needs this technology.

Seriously though it would be neat if this gets bigger and better.
[Image: 6QOh5df.jpg]
It' s old tech.

Borderline voodoo...
The average bearing cloud weighs over a million pounds, almost all of it water - it just needs a nudge to fall by piece and in whole. Percentage increases in rainfall that can be directed to specific dates are a game changer for the human species- even if they never get any bigger/better. 1 inch of rainfall in one particular week of the year is the difference between california being a global player for melons and berries, and other regions pricing and producing them them out in perpetuity.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Could we have prevented the dustbowl with this kind of technology?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
No, but we could have enacted local conditions that would have eliminated it's worst effects. The dust bowl still would have happened (they're only modifying existing patterns), but it would have meant that many more people wouldn't have starved on account of it. Its hard to superimpose this on the past, but it could be fairly said that it would have had to have come at an immense cost of dollars instead of life. The desert doesn't bloom, but we can keep it from burning. We've been dreaming about summoning rain for as long as we've been dreaming, likely, and the amount is both immaterial in concept and specifically advantageous in practice.

That said - the world needs to pour over these numbers, it's probably a bit of an oversell, but considering the thing being sold...... I know that here you could get alot...alot..... more water by manipulating cloud cover - but there are clearer skies than mine...and clearer skies than the coastal plain where they've been trying this. Clearer skies in kansas, for example.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Actually the desert does bloom. I saw a recent article on (I believe the UAE) reforesting parts of their deserts. Then there's Liquid NanoClay, but I'm no noviice on any of that, just an interesting topic,

--OK back to work.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Well, I'm trying to be less poetic and more realistic. You can, ofc, with even just a little water, make some part of the desert bloom. On the scale of the dustbowl - not so much. There was no avoiding that - it was a consequence of action - but if we had the tech then that we have today would it have played out the way it did? Probably not.

-I hope, at least, but you never know. We've fumbled in the end zone before, we'll do it again.
When will they start doing this (especially for turning off fires)

watch after 1 minute 30 sec

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Something's blooming.
[Image: kohler-real-rain-shower-head-7880.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Artificial Photosynthesis The Grand Nudger 2 584 March 6, 2018 at 8:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Artificial Neural Networks for 'kids' Face2face 0 561 November 24, 2017 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Face2face
  Human defeated by Artificial Intelligence, from confidence to utter powerlessness causal code 15 2543 October 29, 2017 at 5:16 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Supermathematics and Artificial General Intelligence ThoughtCurvature 28 6035 October 23, 2017 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: causal code
  Genius Edward Witten, could he help to intensify artificial intelligence research? ThoughtCurvature 1 990 September 5, 2017 at 5:29 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet