Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak?
Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak?
So, what do you guys think, does eating a healthy diet and exercising make sense considering there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic? Recently there has been an outbreak of bird flu in Bosnia, but, thankfully, it did not turn into a global pandemic. Will not healthy diet and exercising backfire once the bird flu outbreaks, since bird flu kills people mostly by turning their immune system against them and people who have a weaker immune system have a higher chance of surviving bird flu?

Avoiding eating wild fowl so that the bird flu pandemic does not start with you makes sense, however, the vast majority of people are not eating wild fowl anyway. If I understand it correctly, vegan diet, while it protects against COVID, would put individuals who follow it into a greater danger of dying during a bird flu pandemic.
RE: Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak?
I think we should all just do cocaine.

*shrugs*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Does trying to live healthy make sense considering an imminent bird flu outbreak?
(August 15, 2021 at 10:51 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: So, what do you guys think, does eating a healthy diet and exercising make sense considering there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic? Recently there has been an outbreak of bird flu in Bosnia, but, thankfully, it did not turn into a global pandemic. Will not healthy diet and exercising backfire once the bird flu outbreaks, since bird flu kills people mostly by turning their immune system against them and people who have a weaker immune system have a higher chance of surviving bird flu?

Avoiding eating wild fowl so that the bird flu pandemic does not start with you makes sense, however, the vast majority of people are not eating wild fowl anyway. If I understand it correctly, vegan diet, while it protects against COVID, would put individuals who follow it into a greater danger of dying during a bird flu pandemic.

(Bold mine)

You don’t.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 15, 2021 at 1:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 15, 2021 at 10:51 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: So, what do you guys think, does eating a healthy diet and exercising make sense considering there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic? Recently there has been an outbreak of bird flu in Bosnia, but, thankfully, it did not turn into a global pandemic. Will not healthy diet and exercising backfire once the bird flu outbreaks, since bird flu kills people mostly by turning their immune system against them and people who have a weaker immune system have a higher chance of surviving bird flu?

(Bold mine)

You don’t.

Boru

So, since you understand it better, can you explain it?

What on earth gave you the crazy notion that a vegan diet protects against covid? That is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen wandering the intertubes and webernets.
A new way to spread your COVID ignorance. How charming.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 15, 2021 at 1:34 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:

What on earth gave you the crazy notion that a vegan diet protects against covid? That is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen wandering the intertubes and webernets.

Vegan diet boosts your immune system and provides some protection against type-2-diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer. Whether you have type-2-diabetes is the best predictor of whether you will die from COVID-19.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 15, 2021 at 3:18 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(August 15, 2021 at 1:34 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: What on earth gave you the crazy notion that a vegan diet protects against covid? That is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen wandering the intertubes and webernets.

Vegan diet boosts your immune system and provides some protection against type-2-diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer. Whether you have type-2-diabetes is the best predictor of whether you will die from COVID-19.

Nope. Vegan diet does nothing of the sort. Whoever is feeding this crap to you needs a good slapping.
(August 15, 2021 at 3:18 pm)FlatAssembler Wrote: Vegan diet boosts your immune system and provides some protection against type-2-diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer. Whether you have type-2-diabetes is the best predictor of whether you will die from COVID-19.

Citations needed. What clinical studies are you referencing?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Healthy Alternative to Birthday Cake zwanzig 18 1050 August 2, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Could exposure to comedy affect your sense of humor? Der/die AtheistIn 23 2460 February 16, 2019 at 12:32 am
Last Post: fredd bear