Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is My Introduction
Here is My Introduction
Hello. A person here suggested that I make an introduction. So here is my introduction. I came here because of being an antireligion atheist. Also, I came here because of its old-fashioned forum user interface. The other reason I'm here is because my anonymity can be protected. Other social media platforms require me to give up phone number information, an email address from a privacy-invasive email provider, etc. Which is an Orwellian nightmare. I am trying to find a place where honest conversations can take place. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and other social media platforms are having draconian witch hunts by banning accounts from people who don't want to conform to one-sided narratives. It's why I'm convinced rich and powerful people are trying to control the internet at the expense of intellectual freedom, free speech, online privacy, etc. I want to be able to talk without having to walk on eggshells.
RE: Here is My Introduction
Welcome.

Read and heed the rules and you will be fine.

Cool
(August 24, 2021 at 4:13 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Welcome.

Cool

I read the rules already.
(August 24, 2021 at 4:19 pm)AtheistQuest Wrote:
(August 24, 2021 at 4:13 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Welcome.

Cool

I read the rules already.

Good man yerself.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 24, 2021 at 4:10 pm)AtheistQuest Wrote: ...I am trying to find a place where honest conversations can take place.

Did you read any posts on this forum first?  Not sure you'll be satisfied.

Quote:I want to be able to talk without having to walk on eggshells.

You should have led with that.

Welcome.
Why is it so?
~Julius Sumner Miller
Welcome! No rich and powerful people here, and you can say pretty much what you please.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Howdy.

What your SSN and bank account number?

Panic Panic 

Hilarious
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hello. Smile
(August 24, 2021 at 4:10 pm)AtheistQuest Wrote: Hello. A person here suggested that I make an introduction. So here is my introduction. I came here because of being an antireligion atheist. Also, I came here because of its old-fashioned forum user interface. The other reason I'm here is because my anonymity can be protected. Other social media platforms require me to give up phone number information, an email address from a privacy-invasive email provider, etc. Which is an Orwellian nightmare. I am trying to find a place where honest conversations can take place. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and other social media platforms are having draconian witch hunts by banning accounts from people who don't want to conform to one-sided narratives. It's why I'm convinced rich and powerful people are trying to control the internet at the expense of intellectual freedom, free speech, online privacy, etc. I want to be able to talk without having to walk on eggshells.

Have you tried Usenet, such as alt.atheism? One of the oldest Usenet groups, by the way. And, it is possible to post to it in a completely anonymous manner.
(August 24, 2021 at 5:28 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 24, 2021 at 4:19 pm)AtheistQuest Wrote: I read the rules already.

Good man yerself.

Boru

Assuming I am a man.   Hehe

(August 24, 2021 at 5:29 pm)Spongebob Wrote: Did you read any posts on this forum first?  Not sure you'll be satisfied.
Oh, no. I'm so devastated by the dishonesty in here. But all joking aside, I find this place kind of satisfying so far.

(August 24, 2021 at 5:29 pm)Spongebob Wrote: You should have led with that.
I see.

(August 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm)brewer Wrote: Howdy.

What your SSN and bank account number?

Panic Panic 

Hilarious
Hello. My S.S.N. is 666-69-666. My bank account number is 6969696969. Hope you have fun with my S.S.N. and bank account number. Hehe

(August 24, 2021 at 7:16 pm)Jehanne Wrote:
(August 24, 2021 at 4:10 pm)AtheistQuest Wrote: Hello. A person here suggested that I make an introduction. So here is my introduction. I came here because of being an antireligion atheist. Also, I came here because of its old-fashioned forum user interface. The other reason I'm here is because my anonymity can be protected. Other social media platforms require me to give up phone number information, an email address from a privacy-invasive email provider, etc. Which is an Orwellian nightmare. I am trying to find a place where honest conversations can take place. Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and other social media platforms are having draconian witch hunts by banning accounts from people who don't want to conform to one-sided narratives. It's why I'm convinced rich and powerful people are trying to control the internet at the expense of intellectual freedom, free speech, online privacy, etc. I want to be able to talk without having to walk on eggshells.

Have you tried Usenet, such as alt.atheism? One of the oldest Usenet groups, by the way. And, it is possible to post to it in a completely anonymous manner.
No, I have not. But I will try to use Usenet sometime. Usenet is not a familiar name to me. So I'll be looking it up online.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 727 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 963 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1947 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1362 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3947 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1987 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1154 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 976 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2898 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2
Star The Caen Leranzo Introduction CaenLeranzo 18 1216 March 4, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: CaenLeranzo