Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experience with AstraZeneca while having M.S
Experience with AstraZeneca while having M.S
I received my first anti-Covid vaccination dose of type "AstraZeneca", in this topic I will write about the symptoms I had and the experience as a whole being an M.S (multiple sclerosis) patient.

So, the vaccine should have symptoms for 48 hours; I had:

1-Fluelike symptoms (first night)
2-Chills (first night)
3-Fatigue (48 hours)

I used some Adol/Panadol (JUST USE 1 OF THEM DONT USE BOTH TOGETHER) to relief the the symptoms.

Right now, a day passed and I'm about to finish the remaining part of the 48 hours.

I think "AstraZeneca" might be kinda tough for M.S patients. My doctor wanted me to take Sinopharm instead.
RE: Experience with AstraZeneca while having M.S
Your symptoms sound similar to what mine were after my second dose of the Pfizer vaccine. The first dose just made my arm really sore. Either way it was much like the effects after flu shots I have had in the past (I get this year's flu shot in the morning). I don't have MS but have had a heart attack and cancer...the side effects were much better to deal with than would be weeks intubated in an ICU. I figured with some health issues already it was worth a couple days of feeling kind of lousy.

Now, the shingles shots...holy moly...that second one knocked me on my butt!

I'm glad to hear you got the vaccine and hope you get any boosters as recommended.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Sounds like what happened to me.

My second shot didn't hit me as hard so take some solace from that. Though every one's body is different.

Be well.

Not at work.
I don't have MS, and I got the Moderna vax but your experience sounds like what I experienced and what others have told me WRT Moderna ans Pfizer vaccines.

Welcome to the other side. I'm glad you got the shot.
I had no particular side effects, other than a sore arm where I was poked, from the vaccines. Not sure what that means.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I got the Pfizer shots and had the knowledge that I had had injection, but that was it. Good on you for getting vaccinated!

As for the shingles shot, like AWTY, that hurt like I'd been hit in the arm with a hammer (which, believe it or not, I have actual experience with). It wasn't pleasant.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I got the Pfizer shot and any side effects were so minimal that they couldn't be distinguished from life as usual.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I’m one of those people who, whenever he gets the flu shot, invariably ends up getting the flu anyway. And yet, somehow, when I got either of my COVID shots (Moderna, BTB), the only side effect was a sense of dread when I realized I was running out of excuses to get back to work. And, surprisingly, I spent most of the year prior with the cough that wouldn’t die.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(September 8, 2021 at 8:28 pm)WinterHold Wrote: I received my first anti-Covid vaccination dose of type "AstraZeneca", in this topic I will write about the symptoms I had and the experience as a whole being an M.S (multiple sclerosis) patient.

So, the vaccine should have symptoms for 48 hours; I had:

1-Fluelike symptoms (first night)
2-Chills (first night)
3-Fatigue (48 hours)

I used some Adol/Panadol (JUST USE 1 OF THEM DONT USE BOTH TOGETHER) to relief the the symptoms.

Right now, a day passed and I'm about to finish the remaining part of the 48 hours.

I think "AstraZeneca" might be kinda tough for M.S patients. My doctor wanted me to take Sinopharm instead.

Well done on getting the shot!

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 8, 2021 at 8:28 pm)WinterHold Wrote: I think "AstraZeneca" might be kinda tough for M.S patients. My doctor wanted me to take Sinopharm instead.

Glad you got vaccinated. Better than contracting covid.

Did your doc say why he preferred Sinopharm?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driving While Innocent. STUPID ROUND PLANET! Brian37 40 2949 February 8, 2020 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  my experience as non reilgous living in saudi arabia (extremely religious country) hourglass 9 890 December 13, 2019 at 7:43 am
Last Post: viocjit
  [Serious] Has anyone had any experience with mental illness? I believe in Harry Potter 77 8892 December 8, 2019 at 4:19 am
Last Post: WolfsChild
  hopefully back for a while Drich 23 2081 September 6, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Anyone a caterer of have experience with hiring one tackattack 15 1169 December 8, 2018 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: LastPoet