Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my experience as non reilgous living in saudi arabia (extremely religious country)
my experience as non reilgous living in saudi arabia (extremely religious country)
Hey everyone
i would like to share with you guys a slice of my live as someone who lives in (saudi arabia) where the most religiously obsessive society exist. i think i will summarize my ideas cause it's almost bedtime for me.
as someone use his logical thinking and deny any kind of religion. finding my self between extreme type of Muslims is a living hell. cause i receive this kind of mistreatment from my boss and co-workers cause I'm not praying to god as they do... imagine living in a place where your boss tell you (do your prayers) which include specific body movement that last for almost 7 minutes ... it's bad feeling guys and i would like know what's will you feel if you experience something like that.
now i would like to work in another country but i don't know how to start cause I've been born here.
RE: my experience as non reilgous living in saudi arabia (extremely religious country)
Are you a loud and proud apostate or...isn't apostasy illegal in Saudi Arabia?
RE: my experience as non reilgous living in saudi arabia (extremely religious country)
Quote:now i would like to work in another country but i don't know how to start cause I've been born here.

You start by going to an embassy of a country you're interested in and applying to emigrate. I don't know how far you are from Riyadh, but it shouldn't be too difficult for you to get there.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Please be safe, the kingdom has declared atheists to be terrorists; don't actually say you don't believe in Allah and be careful where you post it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
[video=youtube] https://youtu.be/RrhVPJF4Qzs[/video]

I joke,but be careful. Seriously
(December 10, 2019 at 10:30 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Please be safe, the kingdom has declared atheists to be terrorists; don't actually say you don't believe in Allah and be careful where you post it.

This.

Be safe, please.
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 9, 2019 at 5:06 pm)hourglass Wrote: now i would like to work in another country but i don't know how to start cause I've been born here.

Well remember, those other countries are better because people actively worked to overthrow their oppressive religious regimes, so who knows, one day you'll all overthrow Islam which is a great cancer of human mind.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(December 10, 2019 at 7:05 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: thanks for your concern .... i don't trust local embassy ... any way do you thank that's possible if i go to the country i wish to leave to and apply from there .... and does just being an atheist is enough excuse to have permanent residence ... i'm sure they have some sort of strict rules regarding that... like they may ask me to declare that to the media that i'm an atheist ... to prove that my life is in danger and i deserve staying... what's u r opinion my dear?? and sure i won't accept getting famous like that cause you know this gonna hurt my family there. thanks
I'm not sure why you wouldn't trust an embassy.  Part of the reason they exist at all is to help people emigrate.

The rules for immigrants vary from country to country.  You should probably do some research before you decide.  And no, I wouldn't recommend just showing up.  What you might try is going on holiday to the country of your choice and then applying for citizenship. 

But, as I said, do some research.  I've never heard of a country requiring that you announce your atheism to the media.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 11, 2019 at 7:27 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I'm not sure why you wouldn't trust an embassy.  Part of the reason they exist at all is to help people emigrate.

The rules for immigrants vary from country to country.  You should probably do some research before you decide.  And no, I wouldn't recommend just showing up.  What you might try is going on holiday to the country of your choice and then applying for citizenship. 

But, as I said, do some research.  I've never heard of a country requiring that you announce your atheism to the media.

Boru

Help people emigrate isn't a mission of embassies but they have the mission to give visa to people who have the right to emigrate in the state they represent.
Emigrate is a right but it is also a privilege because a state can refuse your candidacy even if you fulfill the legal conditions to emigrate into this state.

You can't going on holiday to the country and then applying for citizenship because you need to fulfill conditions.
In the majority of countries of the world the conditions are the next.
1.Live there legally for a certain duration (5 years in the majority of countries of the world)
2.Pass a language test of a language spoken in the country
3.Being of good character (That means no criminal conviction at all or no criminal conviction since a certain duration. Convictions in foreign countries for things that aren't criminal infractions in the country the person is applying for citizenship are generally not taken into account)
4.Have a work in the country you are applying for citizenship or have sufficient money

In some countries like Antigua and Barbuda , Cyprus , Malta , Montenegro , Saint Kitts and Nevis , Saint Lucia and many others.
There are programs of citizenship by investment but this way to get a citizenship is cost full and unaffordable for the majority of us.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Been living in Japan for a week AMA Macoleco 17 1362 June 5, 2022 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Experience with AstraZeneca while having M.S WinterHold 12 1596 September 12, 2021 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Living with adult onset Epilepsy Dizzyagain 23 1665 December 21, 2020 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Cisgender vs Non-Binary Acrobat 32 2476 December 21, 2020 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  how does it feel to be born in saudi arabia hourglass 7 564 October 7, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Serious] Has anyone had any experience with mental illness? I believe in Harry Potter 77 8769 December 8, 2019 at 4:19 am
Last Post: WolfsChild
  How do you cope with extremely insistent people? Der/die AtheistIn 14 808 January 14, 2019 at 10:10 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Anyone a caterer of have experience with hiring one tackattack 15 1163 December 8, 2018 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Living in my own head lately... arewethereyet 11 809 October 14, 2018 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck this stupid fucking country Aroura 19 1498 August 10, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Aroura