Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving While Innocent. STUPID ROUND PLANET!
Driving While Innocent. STUPID ROUND PLANET!
I have a friend in Pakistan named Mustafa, whom I call on FB upon occasion. Just now, I got hold of him, and he told me about a prior call I made to him, which he answered while driving, which got him pulled over and ticketed. With friends like me, who needs enemas?

I actually agree with distracted driving pull overs. But it still sucks to know I was the cause of him answering his cell, which caused his police to pull him over.
RE: Driving While Innocent. STUPID ROUND PLANET!
He made the choice.
(February 1, 2020 at 12:10 am)no one Wrote: He made the choice.

Way to ruin a funny story.

Of course it was his choice. But I still laugh at the fact my timing sucked as for him to feel that a potential call was that important to answer. Even he was razzing me about the event.
My middle name isn't "Buzz Kill" for nothing.
(January 31, 2020 at 11:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I have a friend in Pakistan named Mustafa, whom I call on FB upon occasion. Just now, I got hold of him, and he told me about a prior call I made to him, which he answered while driving, which got him pulled over and ticketed. With friends like me, who needs enemas?

I actually agree with distracted driving pull overs. But it still sucks to know I was the cause of him answering his cell, which caused his police to pull him over.

I can remember one point last year when Dad called me while I was driving to my therapist's and he forgot that I had an appointment that day, so, while I was on a busy street, I took the initiative to find a parking lot I could pull over into and tell him "Make the explanation you are about to give for calling me while I'm driving phoenomenally good." He hung up. We talked about it later, after I came home, but I don't even remember what he was calling about, just that he tried to tell me about something and forgot that I'd be driving.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(February 1, 2020 at 12:27 am)Rev. Rye Wrote:
(January 31, 2020 at 11:47 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I have a friend in Pakistan named Mustafa, whom I call on FB upon occasion. Just now, I got hold of him, and he told me about a prior call I made to him, which he answered while driving, which got him pulled over and ticketed. With friends like me, who needs enemas?

I can remember one point last year when Dad called me while I was driving to my therapist's and he forgot that I had an appointment that day, so, while I was on a busy street, I took the initiative to find a parking lot I could pull over into and tell him "Make the explanation you are about to give for calling me while I'm driving phoenomenally good." He hung up. We talked about it later, after I came home, but I don't even remember what he was calling about, just that he tried to tell me about something and forgot that I'd be driving.

That is a Super Bowl  MVP response right there!
More a Blackadder response. It came directly from "Beer" from Blackadder II, when Baldrick decided to take Edmund's command to "get the door" too literally. I'd give you a clip, but it's not on Youtube, so I'll include a quotes.net page.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Hands free phone?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(February 1, 2020 at 12:20 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(February 1, 2020 at 12:10 am)no one Wrote: He made the choice.

Way to ruin a funny story.

Of course it was his choice. But I still laugh at the fact my timing sucked as for him to feel that a potential call was that important to answer. Even he was razzing me about the event.

Did he tell you what the penalty was?  Here, it's $80 and 20 demerit points (which seems light - should be more).

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[101-A.   Use of mobile telephones.– (1) A person shall not drive a motor vehicle if he is using a hand-held mobile telephone or a device which performs an interactive communication function of transmitting and receiving data.
      (2)  A person shall not be guilty of contravention of sub-section (1) if, at the time of the alleged contravention, he is–
            (a)  using the mobile telephone or the device to call the police, fire, ambulance or other emergency service; or
            (b)  acting in response to an emergency.
      (3)  A person who contravenes the provision of sub-section (1), shall be punished with fine which shall not be less than two hundred rupees and which may extend to five hundred rupees, and in case of a transport vehicle, with a fine which shall not be less than five hundred rupees and which may extend to one thousand rupees.]

http://punjablaws.gov.pk/laws/189.html
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Experience with AstraZeneca while having M.S WinterHold 12 1596 September 12, 2021 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Driving on the shoulder Brian37 40 2573 March 8, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  hopefully back for a while Drich 23 2066 September 6, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why some people who dislike horror call it stupid? Der/die AtheistIn 36 2447 March 5, 2019 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Fuck this stupid fucking country Aroura 19 1498 August 10, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Aroura