Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Leno sets speed record
Jay Leno sets speed record
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jay-...43019.html

Good for him.

I wonder if he bought the car afterwards?
RE: Jay Leno sets speed record
(November 11, 2021 at 6:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jay-...43019.html

Good for him.

And later that same day, a Tesla driver beat Leno’s time. Glory is fleeting.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Lol.

With HIS car?
(November 11, 2021 at 6:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jay-...43019.html

Good for him.

Pickle me grandmother! That beast has  one thousand Horse Power!!!!

Fastest car I ever owned was my 1972 Datsun 1600, which I bought new.  I once took her up to 120mph for about 30 seconds. From that time to this, the fastest I've driven is 100kmh,(62 mph) which is our state limit.  Most major city roads are 60,(37mph) 70 (43mph)h)  or 80kmh. (49kmh)  Side streets are usually 50kmh (31mph) with some set at 40kmh (24mph)  Passing a school when children are present is 25kmh (15mph)

My sister lives about 15 miles way. When I drive to her place I usually need to comply with five different speed limits.  Six if there are school children about.

As far as  I can tell, we seem to be coming into the last human generation of cars powered by oil. By the end of this century, cars will be in museums or owned by wealthy people such as Jay Leno.
(November 11, 2021 at 7:18 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Lol.

With HIS car?

Same car that Leno drove. I should have been more clear - ‘Tesla driver’ meant ‘professional driver employed by Tesla’.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 11, 2021 at 7:21 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:

Good for him.

Pickle me grandmother! That beast has  one thousand Horse Power!!!!

Fastest car I ever owned was my 1972 Datsun 1600, which I bought new.  I once took her up to 120mph for about 30 seconds. From that time to this, the fastest I've driven is 100kmh,(62 mph) which is our state limit.  Most major city roads are 60,(37mph) 70 (43mph)h)  or 80kmh. (49kmh)  Side streets are usually 50kmh (31mph) with some set at 40kmh (24mph)  Passing a school when children are present is 25kmh (15mph)

My sister lives about 15 miles way. When I drive to her place I usually need to comply with five different speed limits.  Six if there are school children about.

As far as  I can tell, we seem to be coming into the last human generation of cars powered by oil. By the end of this century, cars will be in museums or owned by wealthy people such as Jay Leno.

I still think we should be allowed to speed up around schools.

Teach the little buggers survival skills...
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 11, 2021 at 7:28 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(November 11, 2021 at 7:21 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote: Pickle me grandmother! That beast has  one thousand Horse Power!!!!

I still think we should be allowed to speed up around schools.

Teach the little buggers survival skills...

Once lived in a house near a school. Posh suburb. In the morning and after school, mothers would double park their SUV's and Volvos to drop off or pick up their littles treasures..

I saw a child run onto the road from behind a parked car and get hit. Heart in mouth. Fortunately he wasn't killed.

Every couple of months I would ring the local council and they would send some parking inspectors and ping the lot of 'em .Stupid entitled cunts.

The children who were not picked up, would walk past my place and often run a stick along the metal fence just to annoy my Silky Terrier.  I began turning the sprinkler on just as they were due to be released from school.

I don't like children. Never have.
Did they make his chin aerodynamic?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Of course the little skinny guy turned a lower ET, he weighs less. Motors develop maximum torque from zero stall and the vehicle undoubtedly has traction control, so that minute time difference comes down to having less mass to accelerate along the drag strip.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(November 11, 2021 at 8:54 pm)Fireball Wrote: Of course the little skinny guy turned a lower ET, he weighs less. Motors develop maximum torque from zero stall and the vehicle undoubtedly has traction control, so that minute time difference comes down to having less mass to accelerate along the drag strip.

Translation: Leno’s fat, flabby wobblebottom cost him the record.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Unemployment Rate at Record Low John V 92 9277 January 27, 2018 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Turkish coup - anyone up to speed? mralstoner 3 409 July 24, 2016 at 6:12 am
Last Post: abaris
  The Cruz Ship sets out to sink. Brian37 32 4168 March 23, 2015 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37