Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Norway Ever Truly Pay For Its Sins?
Can Norway Ever Truly Pay For Its Sins?
These people invented lutefisk, for fuck’s sake. Dried, salted cod pickled in lye. It is described as ‘…gelatinous in texture, mildly fishy, with a soapy aftertaste and a hint of ammonia on the palate.’

I’m afraid kr50 won’t cover it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Can Norway Ever Truly Pay For Its Sins?
Can ABBA ever pay for it's sins?
(December 7, 2021 at 1:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Can ABBA ever pay for it's sins?

Not in this lifetime.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 7, 2021 at 1:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

Not in this lifetime.

Not if they die, reincarnate as a tone deaf tree slug.and die again.......
(December 7, 2021 at 1:04 pm)fBrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: These people invented lutefisk, for fuck’s sake. Dried, salted cod pickled in lye. It is described as ‘…gelatinous in texture, mildly fishy, with a soapy aftertaste and a hint of ammonia on the palate.’

Boru

Yes, they must pay 1330 years of interest for Lindisfarne as well.
(December 7, 2021 at 2:45 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(December 7, 2021 at 1:04 pm)fBrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: These people invented lutefisk, for fuck’s sake. Dried, salted cod pickled in lye. It is described as ‘…gelatinous in texture, mildly fishy, with a soapy aftertaste and a hint of ammonia on the palate.’

Boru

Yes, they must pay 1330 years of interest for Lindisfarne as well.

That was probably Danes, not Norwegians.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 7, 2021 at 1:20 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:

Not in this lifetime.

If Hell existed, it would have "Waterloo" playing in the background on repeat... for eternity.

WOT?  The greatest band in popular music history.  Their music is still  being played. They released a new album this year, the first in 40 years. 

"The album recorded 40,000 UK pre-orders in the first 24 hours following the announcement of its release.[42] Three days after the album was announced, it had received over 80,000 pre-orders in the UK alone. This broke the record for the biggest pre-ordered album for Universal Music UK, previously held by Progress (2010) by Take That.[43] By October 2021, the album had recorded 111,000 pre-orders.[44] Advance orders in Netherlands totaled 40,000 copies.[45]
The album entered the UK Albums Chart at number one,with 204,000 chart sales, 90% (180,000) of which were physical sales. It was the biggest opening week for an album in the UK since Ed Sheeran's ÷ (2017), and became the fastest-selling album of 2021 as well as the fastest-selling vinyl of the 21st century, with 29,900 vinyl copies sold. It is ABBA's first number-one album since ABBA Gold, which topped the chart in 1992, 1999 and 2008.[46]
In Germany, the album also entered at number one on the albums chart with over 200,000 chart sales. In its first week, it sold more copies than the rest of the albums chart combined and also reached the top of the year-end albums chart for the time being.[47] In Italy the album debuted at number six on the albums chart.[48]
Voyage became ABBA's highest-charting album in the United States, entering the Billboard 200 at number two on 20 November 2021, beating their previous high of number 14 with The Album in 1978. It opened with 82,000 album-equivalent units, including 78,000 album sales (60,500 of which were physical), making it the highest-selling album of the week.[49]

Voyage (ABBA album) - Wikipedia

I must admit that when Abba first came out in the 1970's, people in my circle would not admit to liking ABBA. A couple of decades later, I came to like them very much, and no longer had fatuous arguments about music. 

So here, this post is pretty much tongue in cheek. I can't even criticise their body suits because of Anna's magnificent bottom. Naughty

I think the marketing of the New Album was very clever and a bit cheeky. I don't usually go to see pop artists or groups forty years later. Yeah, I've heard one of the songs from the album and was underwhelmed.  I've moved on from Abba, which is how popular music works.  Pretty much over the Beatles too.
By Grabthar’s Hammer - there’s TWO of them!!

Boru
(December 7, 2021 at 5:08 pm)Oldandeasilyconfused Wrote:

WOT?  The greatest band in popular music history.  Their music is still  being played. They released a new album this year, the first in 40 years. 

Yeah, Brian37. Quit shitting on ABBA. They're a really good pop band. Greater than the Beatles, apparently.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For the old farts who pay their bills w/live people. Brian37 11 637 September 24, 2020 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Brian37
  That Pay Thread The Valkyrie 10 536 August 5, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Was Bruce Wayne truly innocent? The Valkyrie 32 2662 April 15, 2020 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Cheez-its Christ LadyForCamus 2 242 August 6, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Surely this has been posted before but this time its for Frankie and Bella. Triggers! Whateverist 12 2567 February 9, 2017 at 7:01 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Truly Psychic...Not Ashamed. Athene 44 4788 September 27, 2015 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Athene
  Truly Dark thesummerqueen 28 8570 January 2, 2012 at 3:35 am
Last Post: passionatefool
Shocked Its too heavy Lord! reverendjeremiah 1 2089 March 15, 2011 at 1:03 am
Last Post: ozgoat
  Best Onion, in ever. In ever. Skipper 5 1662 March 3, 2011 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Jaysyn