Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple criticized for 'gay cure' religious app
Apple criticized for 'gay cure' religious app
Read full story:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20045447-37.html

Exodus International, a religious ministry has launched a free to download app last month for the iPhone that advocated "freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus" and encourages youths to remain nothing but heterosexual. Needless to say EI have caused a riot, people are signing up for petitions and the complaints they've had in such a short time are staggering.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-200454...z1HGOpEtnV

I shouldn't be surprised that Apple idiotically let this one slide under the radar, but I had assumed certain lessons were learnt after a baby shaking app was subsequently banned following a similar uproar.
RE: Apple criticized for 'gay cure' religious app
I bet theres a masturbation simulator. if lets make one.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

On what grounds did they remove it? Bad PR?
Seriously... how does this app in any way interfere with someone's use of their iPhone? If you don't want it: don't download it. Certainly don't waste your time trying to get it removed 0.o
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I agree, the only reasons they would do it would be because it will cost them more business via outrage. Apple don't give a shit about people being offended if it doesn't cut into their bottom line.
"freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus"

Thats nutty on so many levels. So if you are a man that likes sex with other men then you can be freed from it through the power of a fictional character? How does that even BEGIN to work? Can I be "freed" from heterosexuality? Honestly, this is jack ass stupid.. how long will they hold on to this failed program. Seems like every year more and more of these people they declaired to be "cured" come back and publicly apologize to the gay community for the things they said when they were going through the snake oil remedy.

I wonder how much money is generated and put into the coffers of baby fuckers by peddling this snake oil covered in open hatred and self loathing?

I support gay rights. I have no problem with you being openly gay.

http://exodusinternational.org/2009/12/s...-marriage/
"Exodus International believes… that the health of individuals, children and our culture is intimately linked to the well being of natural marriage and its biblical intention — a sacred, legal, and social union ordained by God to be a life-long, sexually exclusive relationship between one man and one woman."

So, if you are not a straight Christian, then your marriage is bad for society.

Fucking assholes..they just blow off my marriage as "disruptive". I have been with my wife for 13 years, 10 of which we have been married. Never once have I cheated on her nor do I want to. I dont need threats of hell to keep me true to my wife, as if they work anyways. I constantly here god believers bragging about how they "got some strange".

The Good Reverend Wrote:snake oil remedy.

I can buy snake oils if I claim to be strictly straight? 0.o Hell yes, where do I sign up? 0.o

Quote:I wonder how much money is generated and put into the coffers of baby fuckers by peddling this snake oil covered in open hatred and self loathing?

I wasn't aware that they were baby fuckers... I thought they fucked children 0.o What kind of depraved being would fuck a baby? How could that be remotely enjoyable? 0.o Actually... don't answer that... whatever answer could possibly come for that would be depraved.

Exodus International Wrote:"Exodus International believes… that the health of individuals, children and our culture is intimately linked to the well being of natural marriage and its biblical intention — a sacred, legal, and social union ordained by God to be a life-long, sexually exclusive relationship between one man and one woman."

Natural marriage does not exist, we are innately polyamorous and many of us are conditioned to believe otherwise. Then they masturbate to more than one individual (not that these need a 'face' usually). If marriage is to be life-long, i suppose you can never remarry, and thus can't have sex anymore. No wonder Henry couldn't stand it Tongue Men and women are beings of gender, not of sex... which I do not believe is the intent behind their uses of the terms. They should really rephrase that, unless they really want to allow transexuals of a sex marry those of the same sex (that are not transexual).

Not that it matters... it isn't as if this is about to become an international phenomenon the way of cheese.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(March 21, 2011 at 9:12 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: I constantly here (sic) god believers bragging about how they "got some strange".

You say that like it's a bad thing. Huh

(March 22, 2011 at 2:29 am)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote: Not that it matters... it isn't as if this is about to become an international phenomenon the way of cheese.

Agreed. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Apple saw an untapped market (bigots) and is cashing in on them.
Prob. got the idea from SouthPark. Cartman realized out of the huge numbers of christians if just a few percentage buy their album they stand to make hundreds of thousands of dollars. So they produce a christian rock album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FtoTYdcl...re=related (LOL,
Quote:I want to get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus. I want to feel his salvation all over my face)

I agree with Sae, it really doesn't matter. Capitalist capitalizing on gullible people. Our resident capitalists ought to be in here praising ipod for such fleecing of the flock.

I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Protesting only makes these idiots feel justified.

A much smarter counter would've been to create an app called "freedom from Jesus through homosexuality).

And when you opened it you got meatswingBig Grin
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Catholic Church has a prayer app zebo-the-fat 5 657 January 21, 2019 at 11:00 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 691 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  biblical diabetes cure brewer 30 8314 June 30, 2016 at 7:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is it moral to kill when a cure options is available? Greatest I am 28 12371 April 5, 2012 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Former Ex-Gay Activist Admits Gay People Don’t Change Rev. Rye 64 24867 December 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: TheDarkestOfAngels
  Catholic church approves "Confession" app for iphone Nitsuj 12 4727 July 25, 2011 at 9:39 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger