Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linux in ten years wish list.
Linux in ten years wish list.
a tabulated bot panel for interfacing with cloud bots.
a choice of cloud storage where I don't have to work with propitiatory software and can just set the drive in like you can with email.
a tabulated web services browser where you click the service icon link and you get no url search omnibar just the service in a tab.
a feed bot panel where i can add url links to the feed bots and they try and serve me being informed regarding their expertise and how interested I am.
a 2 stack eco system where for standard demands on processes is compiled and run through a dataface layer and you can use system extensions to access system resources more custom and efficiently. Usually a compilable higher level code would be for code that works with the dataface and GCC or something would be used for system extensions.
This means when porting a piece of software from one platform to another less code has to be adapted with regards to the dataface code but system extensions need rewriting.
There's no magic here just efficient use of coder resources for both high level and low level coders in a way that you can adjust code efficiency and portability based on requirements. 
As many different back drops as i want to flick through built up of backdrop toys especially once the OS is holographic.
A choice of different stores or just open source from the command prompt and some linked software libraries if you prefer.
More customizable content software and service package deals with discounts.
A more powerful standardized easier to develop with open universal 3d codec for offline and cloud gaming use So that playing a game is more like watching a video you can in other words run a lot of modern games on most common machines I hope by then as realtime photo realism moves down from a mini super computer level down to a low watt arm computer.
RE: Linux in ten years wish list.
Over 300 Linux distributions exist, and, so, develop your own fork, say, from Debian; give it whatever name you want.
RE: Linux in ten years wish list.
Windows 11 all the way.
Schopenhauer Wrote:The intellect has become free, and in this state it does not even know or understand any other interest than that of truth.

Epicurus Wrote:The greatest reward of righteousness is peace of mind.

Epicurus Wrote:Don't fear god,
Don't worry about death;

What is good is easy to get,

What is terrible is easy to endure

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn, they're over 30 years old and sound FUCKING GREAT !! vorlon13 4 937 September 14, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Linux users? Are there any here? Lemonvariable72 31 4374 September 18, 2015 at 8:33 am
Last Post: ironicprogrammer
  Nothing annoys me quite like linux and using OSS tools KevinM1 12 2065 January 24, 2015 at 12:59 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  Quake 3 AI... 4 years later pocaracas 5 2064 July 4, 2013 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Steam on Linux/Optimus on Linux Autumnlicious 12 3463 June 22, 2013 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Big Blue Sky
  OS Battle: which is the best? (OS X, Windows, Linux ...) Meylis Delano Lawrence 38 9814 May 1, 2013 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Love
  Linux woes Darwinian 29 5406 April 17, 2013 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Who knows much about Linux? TaraJo 11 2578 December 4, 2012 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Windows vs Mac OS X vs Linux vs others. Tiberius 15 4793 April 6, 2012 at 5:07 am
Last Post: BoyWonder
  One really has to wonder why this wasn't invented years ago... Tiberius 4 1601 March 20, 2012 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas