Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you install an application on your cellphone for work?

The application is microsoft authenticator.
I would not feel comfortable installing an application for work on a personal device.
Security is incredibly of high important at work.
Well, it is the same for me. I would prefer to keep the two separate.
In fact, microsoft authenticator is not compatible with my device. It needs the latest iOS version.

Looks like for my colleagues, it does not bother them.
RE: Would you install an application on your cellphone for work?
I didn't have to install the apps, but I did. One shows my schedule and the other is a payroll app.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
One company whom I worked for required a mobile app to be installed as a condition of employment; when an employee quit or was fired, the app would receive a command to erase that employee's entire phone and its contents. Due to former employee complaints, their app was updated to only uninstall itself.

Please note that this is a true story.
I have refused to install a phone app that appears to be the main office number. I work part time (very part time) and am already contacted throughout the day even when not on the clock by the owner and my manager. I am not customer service so there's no reason to have to deal with that. Now, if they decide they want me to have the app, they can also provide me with a work phone that I can turn off when I clock out.

I already use my personal laptop, printer, and Internet for work. I think I provide enough.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Maybe I'm naive, but Microsoft Authenticator doesn't seem very invasive to me, so I'm ok with having it for work on my personal phone. Not that I have much choice here anyway.
I have an acquaintance that works for a nation wide courier service. They require their app on phones to monitor all kinds of things regarding deliveries, pickups and communications. The company pays for their phone. Personal use is frowned upon and most drivers carry their own private phone.

Ask the employer to buy the phone and pay for the service.

AWTY: That is exactly why I've resisted a cell all these years.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
My ILS workers all carry two phones, one for work and one for personal. Not entirely sure why. My nurses, on the other hand, just use their personal phone for work.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Doesn’t apply to me (self employed), but I think if an employer demanded that I have a particular app, I’d insist it be on their phone, not mine.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Already have. Just part of the territory.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Yes, I have MS Authenticator on my phone for work.  It does not bother me.  If my employer wants to know what I'm doing when not at work, they can simply ask Google.  "He just finished season 1 of Vikings Valhalla and is planning to start season 5 of Last Kingdom.  Though, he'll be watching basketball for the next month. The fresh cut daffodils smell great.  His wife is looking sweet in that little dress."  Oooo, you got me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Showing up late to work Foxaèr 40 2426 February 2, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How you would like to be described at your funeral. Cod 54 3014 May 4, 2019 at 7:55 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How would you react to finding out you were making out with a transsexual? TaraJo 102 6477 March 28, 2019 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Work (they always want more) CarveTheFive 48 4409 December 23, 2018 at 8:07 am
Last Post: CarveTheFive