Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day?
What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day?
Hey all, it's that time of year where everybody gets flutered off bad Guinness and dyes various extremities green.

Is anybody doing anything special for March 17th?

Me, I'll be in the Cork parade to celebrate the Garda centenary and then down to the pub for the day.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
RE: What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day?
Not drinking, that's for sure.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
I'll have some beer as usual. Nothing green, but I may buy some Guinness Stout.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I don’t drink, so that’s out. Not a fan of St. Patrick, so I won’t be parading or anything similar. I long ago gave up going to church or throwing rocks at Protestants, so forget those.

Just another day.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I bought a bottle of Writer's Tears. I'll be opening it to mark the celebration. I've also got a couple of other fine Irish whiskeys, depending on how blotto I want to get.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I painted my toenails green. That's about as crazy as it gets in my life.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 15, 2022 at 6:17 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I painted my toenails green.  That's about as crazy as it gets in my life.
I should paint my finger nails green, but then again, I shouldn't, because of the implication.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
I expect I'll be spending it listening to a Mexican band playing Irish rock and drinking margaritas.
I'm not even sure when Mr Patrick's day is!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I'll be entertaining my buddy Tom and he'll be trying out my homemade beef gumbo stew.  Hungry
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US National Alert System, aka Satan's Whistle. Gawdzilla Sama 10 711 October 5, 2023 at 1:07 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How are our Northern USians doing? arewethereyet 6 731 February 23, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  It's National Bacon Day brewer 21 2004 December 30, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 63825 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Is it too early to start drinking? Gawdzilla Sama 13 1441 July 22, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  National Nurses Week! chimp3 10 962 May 9, 2018 at 12:54 am
Last Post: KevinM1
  What are you doing for Halloween? SisterAgatha 54 7585 October 11, 2017 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: emjay
  What National Day is today? Foxaèr 63 8777 August 3, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  National symbols The Valkyrie 50 4930 January 31, 2017 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Jello
  What Are You Doing For Christmas? Seraphina 46 6658 December 18, 2016 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Astreja