Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it too early to start drinking?
Is it too early to start drinking?
Asking for a friend. 

[Image: bar3.gif]
RE: Is it too early to start drinking?
(July 21, 2018 at 9:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Asking for a friend. 

If you have not been drinking heavily since November 2016 then you are probably dead, or should be dead.
I used to work night shift as a nurse. If we did not have to work the next night a bunch of us would go to this great Tex Mex cantina next to the hospital and drink beer and eat tacos. I don't think it inspired confidence in the nursing profession to see a bunch of people wearing scrubs getting drunk at 7 in the morning.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Yeah, but the morning was your "night".

Besides, it's always five o'clock somewhere.
😁😁😁
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
It depends - how old is your friend?  For hard stuff, 10 years old is probably too early.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 21, 2018 at 10:42 am)chimp3 Wrote: I used to work night shift as a nurse. If we did not have to work the next night a bunch of us would go to this great Tex Mex cantina next to the hospital and drink beer and eat tacos. I don't think it inspired confidence in the nursing profession to see a bunch of people wearing scrubs getting drunk at 7 in the morning.

A friend picked me up from an ER in San Diego back around '84, at 4 AM. He was resigned to not going back to sleep so he was looking for food. Every taco stand he found was closed.

"What the hell!?"

"It's probably a Jewish holiday, dude."

"I didn't think about that." 

We wound up at Denny's.

(July 21, 2018 at 11:12 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It depends - how old is your friend?  For hard stuff, 10 years old is probably too early.

Boru

Now you tell me. [Image: sorry-20.GIF]
It’s never too early for a mimosa!
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(July 21, 2018 at 10:02 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(July 21, 2018 at 9:53 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Asking for a friend. 

If you have not been drinking heavily since November 2016 then you are probably dead, or should be dead.

I know my bourbon intake increased substantially about that time.
I started drinking on July 23, 1973. Haven't stopped.
I'm not sure there is ever a wrong time for a Brompton's cocktail. 

Maybe when behind the wheel.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day? GUBU 23 1716 March 19, 2022 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 403 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Feeling weirdly nostalgic for the early 2010s? TheYoungScientificSkeptic 14 1482 November 15, 2019 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Alex K
  A month early, but stilll...... Brian37 3 515 July 11, 2019 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Strangers are people too Godscreated 12 944 December 20, 2018 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  What are you drinking right now? account_inactive 653 63589 October 18, 2018 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  I’m too old for this shit! J a c k 42 3050 September 26, 2018 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I did it and you should too. Brian37 41 4033 August 25, 2018 at 7:24 pm
  For those who understand the law better than me (would you want it this way too?) Foxaèr 9 1155 July 27, 2018 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Let's start some conspiracy theories. Gawdzilla Sama 76 10570 July 13, 2018 at 12:11 pm