Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National Nurses Week!
National Nurses Week!
May 6-12- 2018 is Nurses Week. I have been a nurse 27 years this coming November and I doubt that I have ever helped any of you or your family. But if you know a nurse and they are worth it, give them a thumbs  up this week!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: National Nurses Week!
How'd I not know you were a nurse?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Couldn't do my job without them.

And, when I'm away and I have one, the nurses keep my interns in their place.

Never piss off the nursing staff.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 8, 2018 at 9:34 pm)Kit Wrote: How'd I not know you were a nurse?

I believe I have mentioned it. I don't think I have ever been your nurse.

(May 8, 2018 at 9:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Couldn't do my job without them.

I worked in a teaching hospital and this was surely the case!

Nurses are awesome.

Especially the naughty ones.... Naughty
Nurse me! Tongue  JK. Nurses tend to get little credit for the amount of that work they do.

Great for all the nurses out there!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 8, 2018 at 9:37 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(May 8, 2018 at 9:34 pm)Kit Wrote: How'd I not know you were a nurse?

I believe I have mentioned it. I don't think I have ever been your nurse.

(May 8, 2018 at 9:36 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Couldn't do my job without them.

Junior staff and senior nursing staff.

Poor little bastards soon learn who's in charge (and it's not them or the senior doctors!)

I've seen several egos get deflated when asomeone fresh out of med school tries to tell a nurse what to do!
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 8, 2018 at 9:32 pm)chimp3 Wrote: May 6-12- 2018 is Nurses Week. I have been a nurse 27 years this coming November and I doubt that I have ever helped any of you or your family. But if you know a nurse and they are worth it, give them a thumbs  up this week!

(May 8, 2018 at 10:11 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 8, 2018 at 9:37 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I believe I have mentioned it. I don't think I have ever been your nurse.

Junior staff and senior nursing staff.

Poor little bastards soon learn who's in charge (and it's not them or the senior doctors!)

I've seen several egos get deflated when asomeone fresh out of med school tries to tell a nurse what to do!
Doctors are life savers too, but this is Nursing Week! Dr's week was in March and I did not post that! Belated kudos to you!

(May 8, 2018 at 9:32 pm)chimp3 Wrote: May 6-12- 2018 is Nurses Week. I have been a nurse 27 years this coming November and I doubt that I have ever helped any of you or your family. But if you know a nurse and they are worth it, give them a thumbs  up this week!

I'd like to give you my thumb way up, if you'll have it.  Thank you for what you do.  I know someone else on Fb I need to attend to now.  Thanks for the heads up about the thumbs up.
Thanks for the info. My wife is an R.N. I'll have to find some way to show my appreciation.

It was a nurse practitioner who drilled it through my head that while my high-blood pressure was not an an immediate threat, it would gradually destroy my organs over time and shorten my life by years - if not decades. She actually spoke of having me bound and tied up before allowing me to leave without a prescription! She didn't have that power, of course but she got through to me. That was more than 10 years ago. The medication she prescribed had short-term side-effects that soon abated. It lowered my blood pressure from a dangerous 150/90 to a healthy 120/80. She added years to my life.

Nurses rock!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US National Alert System, aka Satan's Whistle. Gawdzilla Sama 10 712 October 5, 2023 at 1:07 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  What's everybody doing for National Drinking Day? GUBU 23 1723 March 19, 2022 at 10:19 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  It's National Bacon Day brewer 21 2004 December 30, 2018 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Male Nurses vs. Male Movie Producers chimp3 6 905 October 27, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What National Day is today? Foxaèr 63 8778 August 3, 2017 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If I could have just one week Losty 21 5279 July 11, 2017 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Anyone else noticed that Min's absent for a week? abaris 116 8309 February 6, 2017 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Violet
  National symbols The Valkyrie 50 4931 January 31, 2017 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: Jello
  Signature Appreciation Week Rhondazvous 28 2804 December 30, 2016 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: c172
  Happy National Dog Day. Whateverist 0 622 August 26, 2016 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Whateverist