Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancel culture comes back to bite us on the arse!
Cancel culture comes back to bite us on the arse!
1 tweet folks and now the word "boomerang" is disrespectful to our indigenous population.

It's official, the world is retarded!

https://www.news.com.au/national/woolwor...04da61cb9f
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: Cancel culture comes back to bite us on the arse!
Oh no a private company choose to listen to people exercising their right to free speech and changed the name of a chicken product. Say it isn't so  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 12, 2021 at 7:41 pm)░I░G░N░O░R░A░M░U░S ░ Wrote: 1 tweet folks and now the word "boomerang" is disrespectful to our indigenous population.

It's official, the world is retarded!

https://www.news.com.au/national/woolwor...04da61cb9f

It boomeranged you.
I wonder if calling them bangarangs would be more offensive to the Lost Boys from Hook or fans of the original dubstep (as done by artists like Burial and James Blake) who feel alienated by the fact that Skrillex took the name of their preferred genre and made it famous at the expense of turning it into absolute dogshit.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
*Scratches head*

Who in the marketing department thought not calling a product its name ('Chicken wings') was a good idea?

Did they add or change the sauce? If they're just plain ol' wings of chicken in a punet then the marketing Twats are just that.

Stupid fekkers on both sides.

Not at work.
Boomerang chicken is not as offensive as sugar free cookies. Celeb tells yogurt shop to "do better" after finding out they carry sugar free cookies. Yes, this is real life. Not the Onion. https://www.huffpost.com/entry/demi-lova...c48140a68b
Oh no a person had an opinion about a food establishment. Say it ain't so. Truly we live in a dystopian nightmare  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Probably have salmonella on them. The name could be literal, when they return from your stomach.  Tut Tut
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Lol! Don't get cancelled, Iggy!

I thought this video was a nice analysis/criticism of cancel culture. Fair and level-headed. Critical, but not eager to condemn cancel culture either. 

I really wouldn't worry too much about many of these things. After all, it's just people on the internet. They come up with all kinds of stuff. Some of it is good criticism. But if you aren't selective concerning what you take seriously... oh man... I mean you've GOT to be selective concerning what you take seriously.
Stay out of the Woolworth.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assad is back, the monster is back. WinterHold 12 839 May 19, 2023 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Cancel Rent Movement onlinebiker 34 2518 September 3, 2020 at 7:02 am
Last Post: CarveTheFive
  Cancel Culture onlinebiker 24 1253 July 21, 2020 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Which comes first? onlinebiker 31 2008 January 27, 2020 at 10:21 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Founder of Conversion Therapy program comes out as gay Figbash 9 839 September 6, 2019 at 7:44 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Saudi Arabia:Activists appeal to Mariah Carey to cancel Saudi Arabia performance WinterHold 12 1203 January 30, 2019 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  'Satire' My Bony Irish Arse BrianSoddingBoru4 5 392 October 4, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Then Your Culture Needs A Lot of Work, You Dumb Fuck Minimalist 13 1665 July 23, 2018 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Here Comes The War on Easter! Minimalist 30 6164 April 5, 2017 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Dumbster comes in 2nd in Caucus. Brian37 1 560 February 3, 2016 at 3:35 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd