Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don' t Snitch
Don' t Snitch
When did this become a badge of honor?

I have heard people get indignant - and loudly proclaim - "I ain' t no snitch!"

I suppose this might be a thing dumb kids do - but adults? With the police? Really?

They had a different name for it when I was growing up. Failing to give law enforcement information of
a third party to which you have knowledge of was called aiding and abetting - or conspiracy. 

The fifth ammendment means you don' t have to incriminate yourself - but does not make it ok to fail to disclose someone elses criminal activity.. (Spouses and some family exempt)

Declaring yourself "unsnitchlike" should constitute grounds for arrest - as obviously you have knowledge of some criminal enterprise...

Tut Tut
RE: Don' t Snitch
(April 29, 2022 at 5:33 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: When did this become a badge of honor?

I have heard people get indignant - and loudly proclaim - "I ain' t no snitch!"

I suppose this might be a thing dumb kids do - but adults? With the police? Really?

They had a different name for it when I was growing up. Failing to give law enforcement information of
a third party to which you have knowledge of was called aiding and abetting - or conspiracy. 

The fifth ammendment means you don' t have to incriminate yourself - but does not make it ok to fail to disclose someone elses criminal activity.. (Spouses and some family exempt)

Declaring yourself "unsnitchlike" should constitute grounds for arrest - as obviously you have knowledge of some criminal enterprise...

Tut Tut

Depends on what you're snitching about. If someone's committing a serious crime - assault, spousal abuse, armed robbery - absolutely. But I'm not going to run and find a copper because someone's parking meter is expired or because my neighbour didn't get planning permission to extend his patio.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
For snitching purposes we will assume all infractions to be criminal, not civil.....

Dodgy
That’s variable as well. In fact, I once saw a woman slip two tins of powdered baby formula into her bag. Said nothing, did nothing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I guess I'm a snitch, though I will contend that people who have been reported for wrongdoing by me weren't in my social circle to the point that they expected me to not report criminal activity, since my definition of snitch involves an expectation that I'll keep quiet about their activity because of it. Kind of like "prison snitch".

Personal example- I worked at a place where one of the guys choked me, for no reason that I can remember. I was a skinny little high school kid working for some extra money on weekends. In the process of said bullying, I told the guy that I was going to call the police, and he accused me of being a snitch. At least he desisted.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Most of my life has been spent around people who smoke pot - and not in a legal place. I'm not saying shit to the authorities. I was a teenager when I my stopped smoking because it's not my high...but I'm not going to turn in most of the people I know/knew.

Let me find out someone hit a kid or their SO - all bets are off.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

If the crime is a minor infraction or ultimately victimless I'm not talking. If a homeless guy pockets some cheap booze from LDBO I'm not going to rat him out.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

One of my nicknames in junior high was 'stoolie'.

We'll not talk about the others.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
We should all be whistle-blowers, just saying.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 29, 2022 at 9:08 pm)Foxaire Wrote: We should all be whistle-blowers, just saying.

Um...... do you mean flute? Hehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Real world example of "I don't even know what I don't even know" ErGingerbreadMandude 24 3911 January 25, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: KUSA