Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups
SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/13/faa-spac...rward.html

Quote:SpaceX will be required to take more than 75 actions to mitigate environmental impacts before the company can receive a launch license for the site, the FAA said in a press release.

Quote:The company will also contribute to local education and preservation efforts — including preparing a historical context report of the events of the Mexican War and the Civil War that took place in the area as well as replacing missing ornaments on a local historical marker. The company will also make annual contributions of $5,000 each to organizations that protect ocelots and endangered birds of prey, as well as a state recreational fishing program.

The FAA delayed this environmental approval by many months, because they said they wanted to deal with all the public feedback they got.

Well, it seems that every interest group in the region demanded a share of the pie.

Should the FAA be dealing with every local interest group?  This seems like government overreach - arbitrary rulings on things that should be taken care of by local governments.  Basically, a federal bureaucrat making legal decisions arbitrarily based on personal feeling.

Any comments?
RE: SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups
Anything that makes Elon Musk’s vanity projects more difficult is fine by me.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
If SpaceX agrees to part with the money, they have it to spend.  By the way, where's my 40 acres?
1. Considering space X should never have been given permission in the first place to build a freaking rocket launch site so close to a nature preserve

2. Considering Space X has lied and breached its agreement several 

3. The FAA gave musk the right to build there in the first place they have every right to monitor Space X considering their past duplicity and eagerness to expand beyond what was originally agreed on.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Some videos on the matter 

"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

A virtual townhall 

"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

And people complained about the Catholic Church "selling" indulgences in the Late Middle Ages??
While I my loathing for Elon Musk is high and still increasing by the minute, and I am suspicious of Starship concept, believing it to be suspiciously close to being too good to be true and possible a boondoggle, I think the FAA decision bears all the hallmark of bad government that confuses responsibilities and dilute expertise to meet a thousand politically scrambled mandates du jour in the all consuming pursuit of greasing the squeakiest wheels rather than to further thoughtful priorities.

governing by catering to pressure groups is no government.
(June 14, 2022 at 9:54 am)HappySkeptic Wrote: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/13/faa-spac...rward.html

Quote:SpaceX will be required to take more than 75 actions to mitigate environmental impacts before the company can receive a launch license for the site, the FAA said in a press release.

Quote:The company will also contribute to local education and preservation efforts — including preparing a historical context report of the events of the Mexican War and the Civil War that took place in the area as well as replacing missing ornaments on a local historical marker. The company will also make annual contributions of $5,000 each to organizations that protect ocelots and endangered birds of prey, as well as a state recreational fishing program.

The FAA delayed this environmental approval by many months, because they said they wanted to deal with all the public feedback they got.

Well, it seems that every interest group in the region demanded a share of the pie.

Should the FAA be dealing with every local interest group?  This seems like government overreach - arbitrary rulings on things that should be taken care of by local governments.  Basically, a federal bureaucrat making legal decisions arbitrarily based on personal feeling.

Any comments?

SpaceX is 100% state funded so it'll be the ordinary taxpayer that's paying to ensue thatMusk's latest scam complies with basic health and safety ond environmental regulations.

But that's nothing new, without a constant feeding of corporate welfare, Musk would be a marginally productive cubicle jockey.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(June 14, 2022 at 9:54 am)HappySkeptic Wrote: The FAA delayed this environmental approval by many months, because they said they wanted to deal with all the public feedback they got.

Any comments?

Any company should have to answer for its environmental footprint, but I'm not seeing any connection at all between launching spacecraft and teaching the history of political relations between America and Mexico, so yeah, that looks like backpacking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shatner Launch onlinebiker 92 3404 October 15, 2021 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1636 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 959 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support onlinebiker 20 1348 August 6, 2020 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Mars Rover Launch BrianSoddingBoru4 23 1249 July 30, 2020 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2539 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Bus Driver who raped 14-year old gets no Jail TIme Divinity 4 541 April 30, 2019 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  Alex Jones and Infowars gets 'disappeared' - are we headed in the right direction? Angrboda 203 24538 December 28, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  POTUS "fixer" gets 36 months in prison. Brian37 9 1512 December 13, 2018 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  45's wiki page gets shroomed Brian37 12 1478 November 25, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye