Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support
Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support
"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

But not your sick....

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/05/898915843...poll-finds

Are you in favor or against letting in people sick with Covid 19?
RE: Border Control Gets Bipartisan Support
(August 5, 2020 at 5:46 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

But not your sick....

You already restrict sick immigrants (either by quarantine or outright rejection) for a raft of diseases and medical conditions, so I don’t imagine adding COVID-19 to the list will change the picture all that much. It’s probably a wise move.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 5, 2020 at 5:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 5, 2020 at 5:46 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore."

But not your sick....

You already restrict sick immigrants (either by quarantine or outright rejection) for a raft of diseases and medical conditions, so I don’t imagine adding COVID-19 to the list will change the picture all that much. It’s probably a wise move.

Boru

So it's OK to discriminate against the ill.... How about the stupid? Or the ugly?

Think about that... The sick can get better - but stupid and ugly is forever....

Wink
Yeah, but letting in those sick with contagious afflictions without quarantine can kill lots of people.

You need stupid and ugly to join and support the GOP.
Dying to live, living to die.
(August 5, 2020 at 5:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 5, 2020 at 5:53 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You already restrict sick immigrants (either by quarantine or outright rejection) for a raft of diseases and medical conditions, so I don’t imagine adding COVID-19 to the list will change the picture all that much. It’s probably a wise move.

Boru

So it's OK to discriminate against the ill.... How about the stupid? Or the ugly?

Think about that... The sick can get better - but stupid and ugly is forever....

Wink

You should be in favour of allowing in the stupid and the ugly - you’ll look better by comparison.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 5, 2020 at 6:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 5, 2020 at 5:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: So it's OK to discriminate against the ill.... How about the stupid? Or the ugly?

Wink

You should be in favour of allowing in the stupid and the ugly - you’ll look better by comparison.

Boru

I think you two are missing the point......

Viruses don't respect international boundaries any more than sick desperate people...

Don't let them in  - and they will make any insane attempt to sneak in.
(August 5, 2020 at 7:11 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(August 5, 2020 at 6:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You should be in favour of allowing in the stupid and the ugly - you’ll look better by comparison.

Boru

I think you two are missing the point......

Viruses don't respect international boundaries any more than sick desperate people...

Don't let them in  - and they will make any insane attempt to sneak in.

Who said don’t let them in? If someone with any other communicable disease tries to immigrate, you simply quarantine them until they’re no longer a health risk. There’s no reason you couldn’t do that with people who test positive for this particular virus.

Boru
(August 5, 2020 at 6:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(August 5, 2020 at 5:58 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: So it's OK to discriminate against the ill.... How about the stupid? Or the ugly?

Wink

Boru

Would he?  Why would you assume the stupid and the ugly from “shit holes” could possible be more stupid and ugly than the natives?
(August 5, 2020 at 8:55 pm)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(August 5, 2020 at 6:14 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You should be in favour of allowing in the stupid and the ugly - you’ll look better by comparison.

Boru

Would he?  Why would you assume the stupid and the ugly from “shit holes” could possible be more stupid and ugly than the natives?

I assumed no such thing. It was OLB’s standard, not mine.

Boru

Wink

Shit like this, I really start to question whether you even believe the shit you spew across the forums.

A mandatory 14-day quarantine for anyone entering the country is actually a reasonable plan. Chicago has an emergency travel order and if you're coming in from 23 states (list with methodology heah), you have to stay in quarantine for a fortnight. I also have a job as a columnist with Anglotopia and I can't even get on the site without getting a reminder that Britain is still under an even more restrictive quarantine. I'm sure there's other jurisdictions under similar rules. There's no real reason this needs to lead to a slippery slope.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gun Control Leonardo17 38 1551 November 12, 2023 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Blinken practices Liberal Appeasement: "Do not support Taiwan's Independence". Nishant Xavier 37 1927 June 21, 2023 at 10:10 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  SpaceX gets FAA launch approval, provided they fund interest groups HappySkeptic 10 781 June 15, 2022 at 2:07 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1511 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
  I officially support Biden in the US elections WinterHold 34 2366 October 22, 2020 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Conservatives charged in border wall fraud Foxaèr 5 408 August 20, 2020 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 945 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Thumbs Down Gun Control Crowd Safer? - and a control group onlinebiker 131 9513 April 21, 2020 at 5:24 am
  This Is NOT A Gun Control Thread!! BrianSoddingBoru4 34 1583 February 28, 2020 at 4:15 pm
  MAGA "Tough Guy " Gets His Clock Cleaned By Immigrant In The UFC The Architect Of Fate 28 2496 December 19, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate