Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a disproof of Allah I've come up with?
Is this a disproof of Allah I've come up with?
Administrator Notice
Deleted - spam from elsewhere.
RE: Is this a disproof of Allah I've come up with?
(July 11, 2022 at 11:03 pm)Atheism_is_True Wrote: This is my disproof  attempt of the New Muslim/Dawah Muslim version of Allah, who is said to be able to tell all the future for all eternity, he's all-knowing:

Allah knows he will create Adam so has to create Adam. If he doesn't create Adam he can't be all-knowing. Why? Because if he always knew he'd create X but then doesn't create X then what he always knew for all eternity, that he would create X, was false. He wouldn't be all knowing because he got what he knew wrong. Because he must create Adam he can't have freewill because Allah can't make the choice not to create Adam. Allah can't be all-powerful because he is unable to stop the creation of Adam even if he wanted to. So being all-knowledgeable, all-powerful and having freewill are contradictory in this sense.

Saying "Allah will create Adam but Allah will not create Adam" is a logical contradiction bear this is mind.

Comments including feedback are appreciated.

The Allah you're describing has a number of characteristics, apparently.

He moves through time. He has a spatial location. He knows things in the way people do -- that is, the knower and the thing known are separate. 

The argument you make here works against that particular conception of Allah.
It is my understanding that Allah was a tribal diety, one of many, whom Muhammad "promoted" to the Creator of the Universe.
Something seems fishy
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

(July 11, 2022 at 11:03 pm)Atheism_is_True Wrote: This is my disproof  attempt of the New Muslim/Dawah Muslim version of Allah, who is said to be able to tell all the future for all eternity, he's all-knowing:

Allah knows he will create Adam so has to create Adam. If he doesn't create Adam he can't be all-knowing. Why? Because if he always knew he'd create X but then doesn't create X then what he always knew for all eternity, that he would create X, was false. He wouldn't be all knowing because he got what he knew wrong. Because he must create Adam he can't have freewill because Allah can't make the choice not to create Adam. Allah can't be all-powerful because he is unable to stop the creation of Adam even if he wanted to. So being all-knowledgeable, all-powerful and having freewill are contradictory in this sense.

Saying "Allah will create Adam but Allah will not create Adam" is a logical contradiction bear this is mind.

Comments including feedback are appreciated.

Congratulations! You’ve managed to discover a principle of logic that’s 2400 years old. Clever clogs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Well, well - an hour before posting here this same thing was deleted from reddit though it still exists in the ether.

Will purge the spammer but the content has been quoted so the fascinating post will remain.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suffer the little children to come unto me LinuxGal 2 637 August 7, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7200 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13421 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Allah was just Muhammad's sock puppet! I knew it! ignoramus 0 1318 May 2, 2019 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Beautiful 99 Names Of Allah With Translation And Quranic Usage shawnivan110 22 4835 February 27, 2017 at 2:14 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Thank ALLAH that the pagan holiday of CHRISTMAS is over! 21stCenturyIconoclast 62 8412 December 30, 2016 at 1:13 am
Last Post: Joods
  What motivates theists to come here? robvalue 83 10686 August 20, 2016 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Come one, come all! Jehanne 13 3029 December 13, 2015 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Jehanne
Video I Talked to Allah Mental Outlaw 18 3979 March 11, 2015 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Oh Come On!!! Damn you Ken Ham! Zidneya 61 12444 September 4, 2014 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Tobie