Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 2:20 pm

Poll: When will Trump announce his reelection bid?
This poll is closed.
Soon (within 30 days).
0%
0 0%
Before the 2022 midterms.
28.57%
2 28.57%
Just after the 2022 midterms.
57.14%
4 57.14%
Next year.
0%
0 0%
Never.
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will Trump announce his 2024 Presidential bid?
When will Trump announce his 2024 Presidential bid?
He seems like he is keeping his cards close to his chest on this one, perhaps, trying to demonstrate that he has some self-control???
RE: When will Trump announce his 2024 Presidential bid?
(July 16, 2022 at 2:20 pm)Jehanne Wrote: He seems like he is keeping his cards close to his chest on this one, perhaps, trying to demonstrate that he has some self-control???

I think he’ll bow to the pressure being applied by the GOP not to announce until after the midterms. He has, by all accounts, become something of a millstone around the necks of Republican candidates. Also, an earlier announcement might very well motivate Democrats and Independents who might otherwise sit this one out.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 16, 2022 at 2:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(July 16, 2022 at 2:20 pm)Jehanne Wrote: He seems like he is keeping his cards close to his chest on this one, perhaps, trying to demonstrate that he has some self-control???

I think he’ll bow to the pressure being applied by the GOP not to announce until after the midterms. He has, by all accounts, become something of a millstone around the necks of Republican candidates. Also, an earlier announcement might very well motivate Democrats and Independents who might otherwise sit this one out.

Boru

I have a tendency to agree, but, I think that if his polling numbers start to drop, then, he'll announce his run.  I think that his rationale is one of "the lower the polling numbers, the more likely the prosecution."  He is also going to play a game of chicken with the Republican Party -- nominate me, or, I'll run as a third-party candidate to get even.
The day after he's indicted for a criminal offence.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
If the interest in this thread is any indication, Trump is probably not running.
(July 16, 2022 at 2:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:

Boru

I doubt that pressure would in the end affect his choice of announcement by any significant degree.    

He choice will be informed by his desire to time his announcement to be half a new cycle before his indictment, so he can represent to his base that the subsequent indictment is the reaction to his candidacy and part of continuing “steal” that aims to keep him from his rightful place as the kleptocratic El Presidente for life.
(July 17, 2022 at 10:38 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(July 16, 2022 at 2:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think he’ll bow to the pressure being applied by the GOP not to announce until after the midterms. He has, by all accounts, become something of a millstone around the necks of Republican candidates. Also, an earlier announcement might very well motivate Democrats and Independents who might otherwise sit this one out.

Boru

I doubt that pressure would in the end affect his choice of announcement by any significant degree.    

He choice will be informed by his desire to time his announcement to be half a new cycle before his indictment, so he can represent to his base that the subsequent indictment is the reaction to his candidacy and part of continuing “steal” that aims to keep him from his rightful place as the kleptocratic El Presidente for life.

He’s significantly more pliable than he was.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 17, 2022 at 10:38 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(July 16, 2022 at 2:26 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I think he’ll bow to the pressure being applied by the GOP not to announce until after the midterms. He has, by all accounts, become something of a millstone around the necks of Republican candidates. Also, an earlier announcement might very well motivate Democrats and Independents who might otherwise sit this one out.

Boru

You attempt to use reason to analyze the behavior of those who do not. "That is why you fail." - Yoda
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
The RNC is threatening to stop paying Trump’s legal bills ($1.7 million so far since October) if he announces his 2024 candidacy before the midterms. That’s how toxic his name is right now.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/rnc-warning-tr...egal/story
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential pardon Apollo 13 607 November 28, 2020 at 9:32 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why Did Dante Title His Work The Divine Comedy? Rhondazvous 10 3223 August 30, 2017 at 3:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Finally got his autograph!! SofaKingHigh 24 4568 October 26, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: SofaKingHigh
  Help TRJF name his NEW KITTY!!!!! TheRealJoeFish 52 4434 September 20, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Idiot blew his leg off KUSA 59 6078 March 29, 2016 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Presidential candidate themes dyresand 1 490 March 26, 2016 at 11:12 am
Last Post: dyresand
Photo where does his other arm go?? leodeo 60 7485 May 2, 2014 at 7:07 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school Fidel_Castronaut 21 5505 January 12, 2014 at 5:29 pm
Last Post: Chas
  Richard Dawkins being his usual prissy self CleanShavenJesus 27 8475 November 7, 2013 at 6:47 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Oops, Judge may have misjudged his math. leo-rcc 3 1082 January 11, 2012 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas