Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school
Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25679352

The notion of 'silent muslims' comes up quite a lot when we start talking about islamic extremism.

This chap died when he tackled a suicide bomber who was targeting his school. His actions appeared to have saved countless lives.

Regardless of how one views his actions, nobody can doubt the kid's courage.

I think we should remember people like this when we hear that nobody stands up to Islamist aggression.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Pakistani Teenager dies preventing suicide bomber from attacking his school
Agreed.

And with any luck, maybe this kid's actions will resonate with other Muslims who are afraid to act against the tyrannical side of their religion that's bean dominating it for who knows how long now.
This is Pakistan. While I admire the kid's actions, Pakistan is a illegitimate country founded on terrorism. Pakistan is Indian!
That poor boy! I cried.
(January 10, 2014 at 9:21 am)MarxRaptor Wrote: This is Pakistan. While I admire the kid's actions, Pakistan is a illegitimate country founded on terrorism. Pakistan is Indian!
The country this took place in is incidental to the story.

It could have taken place in Pakistan, India, Germany, Australia, China, Japan, USA, Columbia, Jamaica, Ireland, Canada, Russia, Egypt, South Africa, Vietnam.....
Should I go on?

Turning one person's life sacrificing act of bravery into a political strike is a dick move, no matter what side that move comes from.
(January 10, 2014 at 9:15 am)LostLocke Wrote: And with any luck, maybe this kid's actions will resonate with other Muslims who are afraid to act against the tyrannical side of their religion that's bean dominating it for who knows how long now.

I concur. It doesn't matter what we infidels say, moderate muslims need to wake up en masse and once and for all stomp out the ridiculous danger extremists cause. It's like one of the old lightbulb jokes, "How many psychologists are needed to change a lightbulb? One, but the lightbulb has to feel the need to be changed itself."
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Fucking hero. How many of us humans truly have the balls to do such a thing?
The sad part is they are even attacking each other.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan
Professional Watcher of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report!
(January 10, 2014 at 9:21 am)MarxRaptor Wrote: This is Pakistan. While I admire the kid's actions, Pakistan is a illegitimate country founded on terrorism. Pakistan is Indian!

I've got an idea. How about we turn every fucking thread into a soapbox for you to spew your political views?
(January 10, 2014 at 11:26 am)Dragonetti Wrote: The sad part is they are even attacking each other.

Seems to be their national pastime.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When will Trump announce his 2024 Presidential bid? Jehanne 8 779 July 28, 2022 at 7:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 434 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  My not-so-fatal Suicide. Goosebump 7 834 July 28, 2021 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Suicide among Christians purplepurpose 6 357 May 29, 2021 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2058 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  Excell high school fake or not fake viocjit 13 1520 February 4, 2019 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: viocjit
  assisted suicide vs suicide prevention Catholic_Lady 130 16225 June 18, 2018 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Do you have the courage to commit suicide in case if terminal disease? Macoleco 62 9465 April 18, 2018 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Having such a hard time in High School right now Distheist 7 1114 March 24, 2018 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Does it take courage or cowardice to commit suicide? ErGingerbreadMandude 35 5134 November 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist