Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar
Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar
Just curious to your view. I looked up the arabic words too.

In the Quran the arabic word can literally mean "Life Artery", in the Hadiths its mainly the aorta.
In the Quran its "Severed, cut off" but in the hadith its interruption. (or was it vice versa there?)
Anyways, i have heard some apologetics mention this. But considering H2O is water, then it is the same substance.
But let me know what you think?

Here is the sources:

Quran 69:44-46
Had the Messenger made up something in Our Name,
We would have certainly seized him by his right hand,
then severed his aorta,

Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (ﷺ) in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O `Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4428

(Now. To mention one more thing. Allah in Islam sends people to do his bidding. Just incase some would say God himself has to do it. Because i read Ibn Kathir Tafsir, and as a refutation to people who says why cant Allah send angels to do it? The refutation is Allah sends people and has always sent messengers throughout history.)
In either case, Jewish woman is who poisoned muhammad if you want the context here.

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet (ﷺ) who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) .
Sahih al-Bukhari 2617
RE: Islam itself says Muhammad is a liar
Based on the verses cited, the supposition that Mohammed lied is contingent upon Allah is real and the Quran being true. That's like reading the story of 'Hansel and Gretel' and making the claim that children escaping from an oven is contingent upon cannibalistic witches living in pastry bungalows being a real thing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Even taking the text at face value, getting your hand seized and artery sliced isn't the same thing as pain in that area from having been poisoned. And I'm pretty sure the Q'uran is supposed to win if a hadith contradicts it.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
The Quran contradicts itself; for instance, the peace-loving statements come early, the violent ones later on. A number of Muslim scholars are of the opinion that later statements have precedence over earlier ones.
(August 15, 2022 at 3:34 am)Woah0 Wrote: Just curious to your view. I looked up the arabic words too.

In the Quran the arabic word can literally mean "Life Artery", in the Hadiths its mainly the aorta.
In the Quran its "Severed, cut off" but in the hadith its interruption. (or was it vice versa there?)
Anyways, i have heard some apologetics mention this. But considering H2O is water, then it is the same substance.
But let me know what you think?

Here is the sources:

Quran 69:44-46
Had the Messenger made up something in Our Name,
We would have certainly seized him by his right hand,
then severed his aorta,

Narrated `Aisha:
The Prophet (ﷺ) in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O `Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."
Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 4428

(Now. To mention one more thing. Allah in Islam sends people to do his bidding. Just incase some would say God himself has to do it. Because i read Ibn Kathir Tafsir, and as a refutation to people who says why cant Allah send angels to do it? The refutation is Allah sends people and has always sent messengers throughout history.)
In either case, Jewish woman is who poisoned muhammad if you want the context here.

Narrated Anas bin Malik:
A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet (ﷺ) who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No." I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) .
Sahih al-Bukhari 2617

As a Muslim, I'll share my honest feelings about your situation.
The first emotion I felt was sadness. Because when someone who researches so much about verses and hadiths does this with the intention of denying the religion instead of "finding the truth", they get nothing but tiredness and confusion.
First of all, you should calibrate your intention and aim to find the truth instead of being biased.
This is really a prerequisite for the healthy functioning of the mind.
As for the subject.
Comparing the verses and hadiths you mentioned makes no sense.
The Qur'an is original, miraculously preserved by Allah. Hadith, on the other hand, is information transmitted to our generation through the efforts of people. It can be right, it can be incomplete or wrong. In fact, there are also lies that were deliberately added to mislead Muslims.
Therefore, now if you have any questions about Islam through the Quran, I can answer them.
However, this question is not even a subject worth dwelling on. For the reasons I mentioned above.
If the Hadith is considered the way it is due to subjective interpretation, then so is the Quran for there is no objectivity from its interpretation either.

Referring to Hadith, subjective interpretation of the Quran, means the Quran itself is Hadith because meaning from it can only be interpreted subjectively.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Honey, I spent over 30 years with Quran.
And I am actually a biotechnologist whose specialty is whole genome DNA sequencing.
I am telling this scientifically "Any healthy mind can not deny that "Quran is not a human word. In contrary, It is the product of an intelligence far above human.
Now I give you 3 tickets to ask 3 questions about Quran.
Chose the best shots which claim that "Quran also has problems like hadith"
Send them Smile
The irrelevance of such an introductory noun further demonstrates itself in what follows.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 24, 2022 at 3:15 am)Tomato Wrote: The irrelevance of such an introductory noun further demonstrates itself in what follows.

I really didn't get what you meant.
(August 24, 2022 at 3:11 am)Believe Heart Wrote: Honey, I spent over 30 years with Quran.
And I am actually a biotechnologist whose specialty is whole genome DNA sequencing.
I am telling this scientifically "Any healthy mind can not deny that "Quran is not a human word. In contrary, It is the product of an intelligence far above human.
Now I give you 3 tickets to ask 3 questions about Quran.
Chose the best shots which claim that "Quran also has problems like hadith"
Send them Smile

My three questions about the Quran:

1. Is it absorbent?

2. Is it scratchy?

3. Is there a wet-wipe edition?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Allah was just Muhammad's sock puppet! I knew it! ignoramus 0 1309 May 2, 2019 at 5:48 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Thumbs Up Taoism Says That Everything Has an Opposite Philos_Tone 37 4401 November 20, 2018 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Muhammad thread (bpuh) I_am_not_mafia 13 1733 March 21, 2018 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Personal experience says religious folks are more prone to mental diseases ErGingerbreadMandude 20 7731 August 9, 2017 at 11:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  ★★ We are all atheists/atheistic to ALL Gods (says simple science) ProgrammingGodJordan 80 12362 January 13, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  If someone says science can't explain everything what's the best way to repond? ReptilianPeon 94 12942 December 14, 2016 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Asmodee
  Dalai Lama says that terrorists have no religion Aegon 12 1728 September 28, 2016 at 2:58 am
Last Post: InsaneDane
  Bill Maher Says It. Tax the Fucking Churches! Minimalist 29 5330 April 20, 2016 at 4:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  If someone says to me "consciousness, therefore god", what's the best way to respond? ReptilianPeon 56 7600 March 9, 2016 at 7:02 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 40306 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972