Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief
Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief
https://phys.org/news/2022-08-stronger-r...hare-modal

Haven't had a chance to read the whole article but it seemed like tinder for a fun conversation. It seem very counterintuitive that adhering to a belief system that has very strict sexual prohibitions would improve the sexual satisfaction of the believers...on aggregate anyway.
<insert profound quote here>
RE: Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief
If theists can convince themselves of a god that doesn't exist, maybe they can also convince themselves that they're engaging in satisfying sex when they're not.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Yes, faith is an aphrodisiac, a conjecture that I have made repeatedly on this board over the years.
I only get it once a month, but damn do I enjoy it when I do! Rolleyes
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(August 31, 2022 at 8:56 pm)Fireball Wrote: I only get it once a month, but damn do I enjoy it when I do! Rolleyes

That's way more than me. Haven't had it in years.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 31, 2022 at 8:16 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: https://phys.org/news/2022-08-stronger-r...hare-modal

Haven't had a chance to read the whole article but it seemed like tinder for a fun conversation. It seem very counterintuitive that adhering to a belief system that has very strict sexual prohibitions would improve the sexual satisfaction of the believers...on aggregate anyway.

Does this mean that guilt is a turn on?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(August 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(August 31, 2022 at 8:16 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: https://phys.org/news/2022-08-stronger-r...hare-modal

Does this mean that guilt is a turn on?

...or the allure of what is forbidden.
<insert profound quote here>
(August 31, 2022 at 9:08 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(August 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Does this mean that guilt is a turn on?

It's more fun (at least for some) when you know that "someone" is watching. Also cheaper than mirrors and the worry that they could come crashing down.
(August 31, 2022 at 9:08 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(August 31, 2022 at 9:05 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: Does this mean that guilt is a turn on?

I was thinking in that direction too...forbidden fruit and all that.

We were taught that the only reason for sex was for procreation.  I don't recall anything about wanting it or enjoying it.  It was just your job - go forth and multiply.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6185 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1757 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  The Dunning-Kruger Effect and Religious Belief AFTT47 18 4133 March 11, 2019 at 7:19 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  When is a Religious Belief Delusional? Neo-Scholastic 266 26052 September 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Bare minimum for belief in Christianity. ignoramus 37 7592 May 10, 2018 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6720 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Knowledge, belief, and honesty. Mystic 29 3814 March 19, 2017 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief): ProgrammingGodJordan 91 14727 November 28, 2016 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: ProgrammingGodJordan
  Do people hate the actual belief in God, or just the religious organizations? goombah111 101 25678 November 14, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: goombah111
  God... (GONE SEXUAL!!!) ScienceAf 22 2826 August 22, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf