Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief):
How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief):
NOTE [1]: No opinion, faith, emotion, nor bias was used in the facing sequence.
NOTE [2]: I am of course atheistic. (I have not any beliefs).
NOTE [3]: One needn’t belief/certainty to [OBSERVE] PROBABILITIES. [Such as the probabilities/statistics observed herein]

[Image: TWNRD4T.png]

(A) ~ Introduction

Mankind (particularly AI researchers/programmers....) is becoming God. (God is properly definable as any likely non-omniscient entity, with the ability to generate non trivial intelligence).

RELEVANT FACTS:

['i'] Of the total estimated 10^+16 synaptic operations in the brain, mankind has already generated efficient programmable models, that compute 10^14 synaptic operations per second.

['ii'] Brain based models have already exceeded/equalled man on individual non-trivial/cognitive tasks/task groups, ranging from language translation to disease diagnosis.

['iii'] Brain based models have entered more cognitive fields, as computational parallelism enhanced. [ie increased in-organic synaptic operations per second]

[iv] Moore’s Law has garnered technological enhancement for 50 years. {Shall Moore’s Law fail, thereafter, any rate of increase, shall likely engender that brain based models achieve human brain cycles [iii], that shall likely [in profound range] garner human cognitive task proficiency.}

(B) ~ Instructions [tri-step process]

ALBEIT, here is how one may  trivially become a God, in 3 simple steps:

1) Purge all beliefs. (for beliefs are non-necessary)

2) Derive at worse case, a 4-LINE mathematical understanding of quantum mechanics, eg, QUANTUM COMPUTING: https://www.quora.com/How-does-quantum-c...-Bennett-9 

3) Study machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning etc), utilizing/integrating step (2)subsequently, implementing/encoding some neural basis.
RE: How to become a God, in 3 simple steps (absent faith/belief):
(November 23, 2016 at 11:32 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: Mankind (particularly AI researchers/programmers....) is becoming God.

Oooh I like it.

Bow down to me fools lest I smite thee with my abstract mathematical concepts!

(When can I start shooting electricity from my fingertips?)
(November 23, 2016 at 11:32 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: 3) Study machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning etc), utilizing/integrating step (2)subsequently, implement/encode some neural basis.

Oh bollocks. I've given up using neural networks due to their lack of explanatory power and have started using dynamical systems.

Does this I mean I get demoted to demi-god?
Mathilda is so funny!  Smile
I skipped all the steps and unilaterally declared Myself to be a goddess.  Conveniently I chose magisteria that don't actually need divine intervention:  The vernal equinox, punctuation, chocolate, and Random Equipment Malfunctions.

I remain agnostic of My own divinity, however.  Wink
(November 23, 2016 at 11:59 am)Astreja Wrote: I skipped all the steps and unilaterally declared Myself to be a goddess.  Conveniently I chose magisteria that don't actually need divine intervention:  The vernal equinox, punctuation, chocolate, and Random Equipment Malfunctions.

Chocolate is key.
[Image: wtf-question-mark-sign-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(November 23, 2016 at 11:48 am)Mathilda Wrote:
(November 23, 2016 at 11:32 am)ProgrammingGodJordan Wrote: 3) Study machine learning (deep learning, reinforcement learning etc), utilizing/integrating step (2)subsequently, implement/encode some neural basis.

Oh bollocks. I've given up using neural networks due to their lack of explanatory power and have started using dynamical systems.

Does this I mean I get demoted to demi-god?

('A')

Deepmind's alpha go player, the planet's strongest artificial intelligence, is an initial GENERAL approximation of non-trivial artificial intelligence. Deep Neural Networks are an integral component of such, composing the models' memory, of simulated synapses/neurons.

('B')

Deep Neural Networks, are of the largest expression/depth, as observed in (A); as expressed via Geoffrey Hinton: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAu3jQWaN6E

('C')

Conclusion: Mathilda is God-bound, however less-likely so, in comparison to researchers that utilize Deep Neural Networks.

POST SCRIPTUM:
Neural Networks are dynamic, error minimization systems, though it is observable that you express of a separate class of dynamic construct.

(November 23, 2016 at 11:59 am)Astreja Wrote: I skipped all the steps and unilaterally declared Myself to be a goddess.  Conveniently I chose magisteria that don't actually need divine intervention:  The vernal equinox, punctuation, chocolate, and Random Equipment Malfunctions.

It appears, you have failed to reduce the passage... (for said passage is absent emotional bias/belief/opinion)
What is it about this time of year that brings out all the fucking weirdos?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Who let the fish out of his pond?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3816 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief Neo-Scholastic 38 3333 September 10, 2022 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Niblo
  Belief in white Jesus linked to racism Foxaèr 91 6146 January 1, 2022 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1235 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1718 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  When Did the Jews Become Jres? Rhondazvous 10 1025 April 29, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 928 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 10808 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12207 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  The Dunning-Kruger Effect and Religious Belief AFTT47 18 4128 March 11, 2019 at 7:19 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb