Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belief in white Jesus linked to racism
Belief in white Jesus linked to racism
The Academic Times

The site, for some reason, is not allowing me to copy and paste the article. Therefore, you will have to visit the above link.
RE: Belief in white Jesus linked to racism
Not sure we needed a study for that.
This falls under the No Shit, Sherlock Index.
You know how it is: white people don't want to kneel in front of a black man, and black people don't (usually) want to kneel in front of a white man, and Asians also don't want to kneel in front of a non-Asian - so they each imagine this "totally historical" person in their own way as if he is Santa Claus.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Not sure why a skin-colour qualifier is needed in the title. 'Belief in Jesus linked to racism' seems sufficient.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
It's the title of the article. I simply didn't deviate.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 12, 2021 at 5:49 am)Eleven Wrote: It's the title of the article. I simply didn't deviate.

Wasn't blaming you, luv.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
With the usage of that language, I can't tell if you're about to stab me in the back with a knife or a little lower with something else.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 12, 2021 at 5:54 am)Eleven Wrote: With the usage of that language, I can't tell if you're about to stab me in the back with a knife or a little lower with something else.

lol, you'll have to settle for neither. I call almost everyone 'luv' at some point.

Boru
(March 12, 2021 at 6:06 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 12, 2021 at 5:54 am)Eleven Wrote: With the usage of that language, I can't tell if you're about to stab me in the back with a knife or a little lower with something else.

lol, you'll have to settle for neither. I call almost everyone 'luv' at some point.

Boru

Shit, you two just made me waste a bag of popcorn.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Some say man was created in god' s image. But a cursory glance at the gods of the world's different regions clearly show it to be the other way around.

Gods are created in man' s image.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexual Satisfaction Correlated with Religious Belief Neo-Scholastic 38 3323 September 10, 2022 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Niblo
  Do you think Scientology sells anyone on its belief? Sweden83 19 1707 December 25, 2020 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2907 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The Dunning-Kruger Effect and Religious Belief AFTT47 18 4111 March 11, 2019 at 7:19 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Disturbing child abuse linked to Voodoo and Chrsitianity downbeatplumb 5 883 January 16, 2019 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1161 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  When is a Religious Belief Delusional? Neo-Scholastic 266 25558 September 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Bare minimum for belief in Christianity. ignoramus 37 7535 May 10, 2018 at 1:24 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  MS closely linked to age-related decline in levels of testosterone WinterHold 4 1122 March 22, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: brewer
  "How God got started", how god belief + basic reason + writing -> modern humans? Whateverist 26 6707 October 15, 2017 at 12:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama