Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How humans & cats see things at night.
How humans & cats see things at night.
I downloaded a frequency generator app on Google Play for my Samsung A74.  It only goes up to 22 kHz, but my three cats are giving me strange looks and their ears swivel like they are mounted on little rotating platforms when I use it to generate tones that I cannot hear.   I found this image to be particularly cool:

[Image: jVozxbA2qHhHHshd64MgnP-970-80.jpg.webp]

And, so, if you were a cat, how would your view of the World be similar and different than as a H. Sapien?  Would you be willing to be a house cat for a day or longer?
RE: How humans & cats see things at night.
(November 1, 2022 at 8:05 am)Jehanne Wrote: I downloaded a frequency generator app on Google Play for my Samsung A74.  It only goes up to 22 kHz, but my three cats are giving me strange looks and their ears swivel like they are mounted on little rotating platforms when I use it to generate tones that I cannot hear.   I found this image to be particularly cool:

[Image: jVozxbA2qHhHHshd64MgnP-970-80.jpg.webp]

And, so, if you were a cat, how would your view of the World be similar and different than as a H. Sapien?  Would you be willing to be a house cat for a day or longer?

Well, I already scratch up the furniture, ignore most people who talk to me, and sleep at odd hours.

That whole shitting-in-a-box thing is kind of a deal breaker, though…

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Having been a cat owner for over 10 years, the "wiping" part is, of course, accomplished by other cats. I am not sure how single cats deal with that, especially, if they are obese and can't reach. It seems like a pleasant experience for them, though, but, I can't speak from experience, not being a cat.
Well, this took a turn.   Panic

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  More domestication of humans. Jehanne 5 904 November 9, 2022 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Who Couldn't See This Coming? Minimalist 3 458 November 19, 2018 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: no one
  The Unholy See - Giant killed scoobysnack 156 23066 June 6, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Humans evolved from monkeys Old Baby 72 6973 March 10, 2016 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What part of the world did the first humans assemble? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!! 18 3774 October 18, 2014 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Night Life Began A While Ago Minimalist 2 855 September 4, 2014 at 8:21 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  Sexual relationships in animals vs. humans Kayenneh 6 2954 March 29, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Why humans are so distinct from other species? Meylis Delano Lawrence 65 17837 March 3, 2013 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Cuddly killers, how house cats are an enviormental threat. Something completely different 15 5476 February 9, 2013 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  If anybody thinks humans and chimps aren't related. Zen Badger 7 3014 September 30, 2011 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused