Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How accurate is Radiometric Dating?
How accurate is Radiometric Dating?
My friend said his friend James Hincley at his church told him that this method is proved wrong constantly. He said they tried to date the pyramids and were way off. That an independent study was more accurate not using that method. He also said they tried to date how old a shark was and they were wrong as hell. He claims they are disproven all the time a nd that science is making this stuff up. Now I personally believe in scientists but do some of them make mistakes or he just cherry picking?
RE: How accurate is Radiometric Dating?
Different methods of radiometric dating vary in the timescale over which they are accurate and the materials to which they can be applied- Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
So then u think the scientists can make mistakes? How bout the age of the Earth? Is that accurate?
Your friend said someone else said something. That's worthless information.

How about an intro post so we can learn more about you?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Well I'm 41 years old and from the DFW area. I am 5'9 and 190 lbs. I have brown hair an d br eyes, and I'm white. I'm a die hard liberal and an atheist. Are scientist wrong sometimes? Should we throw all of them under the bus for being wrong somteimes?
(February 12, 2023 at 7:17 pm)jerrymass Wrote: So then u think the scientists can make mistakes? How bout the age of the Earth? Is that accurate?

Of course, scientists can make mistakes.  Ask your friend of a friend about the accuracy of the age of the earth.  Church is a great place to get this sort of info.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(February 12, 2023 at 7:20 pm)jerrymass Wrote: Well I'm 41 years old and from the DFW area. I am 5'9 and 190 lbs. I have brown hair an d br eyes, and I'm white. I'm a die hard liberal and an atheist. Are scientist wrong sometimes? Should we throw all  of them under the bus for being wrong somteimes?

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ya been?

Lol oh ok. But you think the age of the earth is a flimsy one or what? I don't go to church and I just find this annoying that he bothers me. I'm trying to be openminded
(February 12, 2023 at 7:21 pm)arewethereyet Wrote:
(February 12, 2023 at 7:20 pm)jerrymass Wrote: Well I'm 41 years old and from the DFW area. I am 5'9 and 190 lbs. I have brown hair an d br eyes, and I'm white. I'm a die hard liberal and an atheist. Are scientist wrong sometimes? Should we throw all  of them under the bus for being wrong somteimes?

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where ya been?

I've been here the whole time buddy. Who are you and why are you saying this?
So how come they were wrong about the pyramids?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your experiences dating religious people Casca 28 4432 October 31, 2016 at 8:33 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Do you think you'd still be a believer if the bible were more pleasant/accurate? Cecelia 53 7023 May 17, 2016 at 11:11 am
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Advice for dating a Christian Lemonvariable72 55 10499 January 8, 2015 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Brakeman
  Can you provide proof or evidence that atheism is accurate and correct? Lemonvariable72 32 14578 September 6, 2013 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Heir Apparent
  What proof and evidence is there for "atheism" to be accurate and correct? SavedByChrist94 42 21760 January 12, 2013 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Aegrus
  Most accurate prophecies EVAR! xD Spashie 40 24873 November 10, 2008 at 8:47 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet