Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 2:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do you prefer serial killers?
Why do you prefer serial killers?
There are serial killers living among us who choose their targets without any logical reason. Even though it is highly unlikely, you can be one of their victims. Now imagine yourself sitting on a serial killer’s chair, tightly bound and crying not from fear or hopelessness but from excruciating pain. There is really nothing to stop him except watching him parting you piece by piece in unbearable pain.

As a Muslim, I wonder something. God sent hundreds of prophets over thousands of years, from Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus to Mohammad. They were all kind, nice, and reliable people who said “We don’t want anything from you; our rewards belong to God.” They all had the same message which you already know very well. However, you didn’t care about them; instead, you hated them, mocked them, and even killed some of them. 

On the other hand, now you are in a chair waiting for death, bound and helpless, you pray to God to save your life. 

The question is: while hundreds of nice and kind prophets of God could not make you believe in Him, how come a serial killer can open your blind eyes and let you see him? In fact, all this time, you were denying the existence of God just because you couldn’t see Him.
RE: Why do you prefer serial killers?
Isolated and exclusivized. Cherry picking if you will. Your god(s) are right bastards but you look to them for salvation? Codependency at best.
Didn't pray when diagnosed with cancer. Didn't pray when I had a heart attack.

This is what you assume...that non-believers will 'open their eyes' when in jeopardy.

No atheists in foxholes and all that.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I bet this is End of Atheism.

Muslim - check ( he in the end told that he is a muslim).
Detailed analogies of torture - check
^not a total impossibility

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

PS - luckily the ban button doesn't have a use limit as far as I know.

I simply can't imagine praying to Zeus
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

There’s a reason so many religionists like to use fear, pain, and suffering as object lessons. Proof is left as an exercise for the student.

Boru

Edit: If I were to ‘prefer’ serial killers, I’d believe in God in a short minute.
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(May 14, 2023 at 11:18 am)Believe Heart Wrote:
There are serial killers living among us who choose their targets without any logical reason. Even though it is highly unlikely, you can be one of their victims. Now imagine yourself sitting on a serial killer’s chair, tightly bound and crying not from fear or hopelessness but from excruciating pain. There is really nothing to stop him except watching him parting you piece by piece in unbearable pain.

As a Muslim, I wonder something. God sent hundreds of prophets over thousands of years, from Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Jesus to Mohammad. They were all kind, nice, and reliable people who said “We don’t want anything from you; our rewards belong to God.” They all had the same message which you already know very well. However, you didn’t care about them; instead, you hated them, mocked them, and even killed some of them. 

On the other hand, now you are in a chair waiting for death, bound and helpless, you pray to God to save your life. 

The question is: while hundreds of nice and kind prophets of God could not make you believe in Him, how come a serial killer can open your blind eyes and let you see him? In fact, all this time, you were denying the existence of God just because you couldn’t see Him.

Well,.............. if the serial killer eliminates all the prophets I might consider it a win-win.

But on second thought it's not right to punish prophets who are totally ignorant, they don't know any better.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 14, 2023 at 11:26 am)purplepurpose Wrote: I bet this is End of Atheism.

Muslim - check ( he in the end told that he is a muslim).
Detailed analogies of torture - check

Stupid and doesn't know it - check

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why, Why,Why! Lemonvariable72 14 3557 October 2, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  WHY WHY WHY??!?!? JUST STOP...... Xyster 18 5157 March 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Zenith