Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theory of MI
Theory of MI
Just wondering what everyone else thinks of the Theory of Multiple Intelligence developed by Howard Gardener.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_m...elligences

If you dont know much about it it can be found in the link above this. I can give the basic idea of what i understand from it, i read a book about it and it caught my interest so i went online and read a little more about it because i ran outa time in the library Sad. Basically his idea is that there are 7 types of intelligences that we all have, those being the ones listed below.

Spatial
Linguistic
Logical-mathematical
Bodily-kinesthetic
Musical
Interpersonal
Intrapersonal
(i think two more were added but i dont have the book with me and can't seem to find a good online source to see what it was)

His basis and defenition of intelligence is largely based on your ability to produce or survive in a given environment. The author of the book i read used the example that Michael Jordan would be more intelligent in the dinosaur ages than someone such as Albert Einstein because with MJ you would be able to survive longer therefore he must be more intelligent. because of this he developed the idea that MJ must have some sort of other intelligence that Einstein didn't have, so he called it 'Bodily' Intelligence. (this is just my own summary, if i didn't take this concept right or dont have it complete then i apologize Sad but anyway...)

Does anybody actually think...this makes sense? I mean according to the book this was becoming somewhat accepted by some scientist along with other things? Maybe its just me but traits aren't exactly things that are based on your ability to produce. Being intelligent doesn't really change depending on your environment and ability to produce in my opinion. Much like Michael Jordan wont suddenly become considered a bad basketball player if he were to go to the stone era because there was no more use for his basketball skills, Einstein does not become any less intellectual because his intellectual skills weren't necessary in the given time.

Opinions?
~ Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid theory between freewill and determinism Won2blv 18 4227 July 26, 2017 at 10:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Attention Schema Theory Won2blv 0 467 February 18, 2017 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Won2blv
  What is the best theory for what intelligence is? DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 30 5637 December 7, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Chaos theory MagetheEntertainer 25 3856 July 15, 2014 at 12:43 pm
Last Post: FreeTony
  Hidden God theory ziyadalvi 12 4049 July 27, 2013 at 9:00 am
Last Post: ziyadalvi
  Mandelbrot Fractal and Watchmaker theory as proof for gods existence? Mystical 13 4607 April 10, 2013 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Justification Theory: Preliminary Questions Nimzo 4 2273 May 8, 2011 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Nimzo
  Your theory of justification? theVOID 33 9221 March 11, 2011 at 6:03 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  It's a God Theory Rayaan 14 5682 November 18, 2010 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: theVOID