Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 1:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked")
Exclamation 
new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked")
('A') A CULT WITH NO BELIEF WHATSOEVER

This new cult is NOT a religion, as it encourages the removal of all beliefs.

Belief is completely irrelevant and likely error prone.

('B') WE NEVER DO ABSOLUTE ACTIONS

There are many slices of time/space.

At any given point, we can only act in a distinct slice of time.

So inherently, we never make any TOTAL/ABSOLUTE actions.

So, any action we take are inherently from a sequence of OPTIMAL PROBABILITIES (where reality naturally contains many optimal ACTION-PROBABILITY mappings), rather than COMPLETE ACTIONS.

EG: bird+flying=optimal action probability mapping.
Wright brothers used this probability mapping, absent belief.

('C') WE DON'T REALLY BELIEVE IN ANYTHING

This means we DON'T BELIEVE when doing science (or any other task), because to BELIEVE is to accept as TRUE/ABSOLUTE.  

In science (and life in general) we rather regard optimal actions as LIKELY or SCIENTIFICALLY TRUE, rather than TRUE/ABSOLUTE.

('D') WE MAKE LARGER MISTAKES WHEN WE 'ATTACH'

However, when we don't embrace probabilities, and cling to belief, we tend to disregard the probabilistic process, AND THE RESULT IS THAT we don't choose the more viable PROBABILITIES from the sequences, due to erroneously ATTACHING to/regarding sequences as TRUE/ABSOLUTE, (ie BELIEVING in them.)

There are partial PROBABILITIES (from distinct time slices of the WHOLE), but of course, some PROBABILITIES are worse than others. 

BELIEF causes that persons likely cling to non-viable probabilities, due to ATTACHMENT. (ie  accept as absolute).

Furthermore, belief may be built on non-science. Of course, logic/science cannot compound on non-science. 

('E') WE SEE EXAMPLES, AND SCIENCE WHERE BELIEF IS NEGLECTFUL/ERROR PRONE.

So, we see that belief is redundant, and also quite error prone.

EG(0): Whether one believes in gravity or not is irrelevant.
EG(1): Theist ignore data on grounds of belief.
EG(2): Terrorism flourishes on the grounds of belief.
EG(3): Newton said God did it and therefore I can't. An atheist later solved the same issue.
EG(4): Theist tend to be inferior in intellect: http://psr.sagepub.com/content/early/201...6.abstract

[Image: lwSiF7A.png]

Have you 'UNLOCKED'?
Probably not. 

'UNLOCK'D' INVITATION:
https://discord.gg/2SQBhPn

'UNLOCK'D' FORUMS:
http://unlock.forumotion.me/
RE: new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked")
Lol yay
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
The problem with Cults, is there always seems to be a lot of work involved. You have to go pull your weight on a compound planting vegetables, or go to meetings, or give someone money. Turns out, I can not believe in things really well from my couch watching Netflix and not partaking in manual labor or talking to weirdos.
What happened to that Harry Crisner dude ? Haven't heard any one blathering about him for 25 years . . .

And that idiot bagwan, he's MIA too, seems like they could have dredged up a new bagwan by now.

where oh where has the bagwan gone ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked&qu...
[Image: 9ea.gif]
Otherwise known as "dead".
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
A memberless cult. Ouch.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
OP, we're not robots, y'know...
We carry the lizard brain everywhere we go ...
It helps us make decisions subconsciously.
It tries to keep us alive long enough to not get eaten ...
To have beliefs, no matter how illogical, is to being human ...
It got us this far, hasn't it? Which means it's working fine.
Embrace your ancestral humanity ...Accept it. Love it!

(what's with the huge font?)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: new "Cult of 'Non-Beliefism' " aka (the state of being "unlocked&qu...
(December 29, 2016 at 1:59 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: A memberless cult. Ouch.

There are 37 "unlock'd" minds on discord:

https://discord.gg/2SQBhPn

(December 29, 2016 at 1:23 am)wallym Wrote: The problem with Cults, is there always seems to be a lot of work involved.  You have to go pull your weight on a compound planting vegetables, or go to meetings, or give someone money.  Turns out, I can not believe in things really well from my couch watching Netflix and not partaking in manual labor or talking to weirdos.

If you do a quick google search, you see that cult doesn't need to be a religion.
It can simply be a movement.

(December 29, 2016 at 2:06 am)ignoramus Wrote: OP, we're not robots, y'know...
We carry the lizard brain everywhere we go ...
It helps us make decisions subconsciously.
It tries to keep us alive long enough to not get eaten ...
To have beliefs, no matter how illogical, is to being human ...
It got us this far, hasn't it? Which means it's working fine.
Embrace your ancestral humanity ...Accept it. Love it!

(what's with the huge font?)

We see data where religion bounds intellect/intellectual movements.

So, why would we accept this?

Does this mean terrorism [often on the grounds of belief], murder & rape [Atheists Are 0.07% of the Federal Prison Population], and ignorance is acceptable?
ProgrammingGodJordan, between a very hot women and good looking robot women, who would you marry?

Sorry for the off topic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ... Gawdzilla Sama 11 799 December 18, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Abiogenesis ("Chemical Evolution"): Did Life come from Non-Life by Pure Chance. Nishant Xavier 55 2968 August 6, 2023 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  British Non-Catholic Historian on Historical Longevity of the Roman Catholic Church. Nishant Xavier 36 1786 August 6, 2023 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2813 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Arizona State Suspends Lawrence Krauss Over Sexual Misconduct Accusations Alexmahone 30 10466 March 11, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  More than half of the Uk say they are non-religious downbeatplumb 9 2867 September 5, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Atheist "nativity" at California State Capitol Seraphina 16 2340 December 27, 2016 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: TheRealJoeFish
  A non-aggressive religion? rado84 24 4693 November 28, 2016 at 12:09 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Being a sinner just for being born mlmooney89 110 15458 June 14, 2016 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 4985 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist