Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God.
A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God.
Hi.

So the perspective that I have is that, we will never fully and completely know God.

The only way to know God is to know His names and attributes.

Even though the human being is an animal just like all other species, we are distinct because we have a divine reality.

The human being has the potential to display all of the names and attributes of God at the highest level, that's what makes us have dominion over the animal.

The names and attributes of God are basically all of the good qualities that is possible for the human being to have, it's just that society doesn't call them that.

The human being is the most perfect of all creation.
RE: A possibly new perspective on this thing that we know as God.
Some of us hallucinate we have a "divine reality."

We have dominion over the animals (ever been swimming with a great white shark? Ever contracted coronavirus?) because we have unique cultural and biological attributes.

2c.
Quote:The human being is the most perfect of all creation.

I predict that you will one day be eaten by wild dogs.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 5, 2020 at 3:54 pm)Editz Wrote: Some of us hallucinate we have a "divine reality."

We have dominion over the animals (ever been swimming with a great white shark? Ever contracted coronavirus?) because we have unique cultural and biological attributes.

2c.

Well the thing is, we don't have dominion over other species because we are physical, obviously other animals is physically superior than we are. We have dominion over the animal because we have a divine reality.

Remember divine reality and good qualities go hand in hand. People that is stoned or drunk will not show their divine qualities.
What a load of crap...and poor grammar.

Next -

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(March 5, 2020 at 4:05 pm)unityconversation Wrote:
(March 5, 2020 at 3:54 pm)Editz Wrote: Some of us hallucinate we have a "divine reality."

2c.

Well the thing is, we don't have dominion over other species because we are physical, obviously other animals is physically superior than we are. We have dominion over the animal because we have a divine reality.

Remember divine reality and good qualities go hand in hand. People that is stoned or drunk will not show their divine qualities.

You seem to be talking in circles. Human have a divine reality, and that divine reality is evident in human qualities. Huh?

And some of the kindest, gentlest most admirable qualities I’ve witnessed in people happened when they were thoroughly baked.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
How do you know for certain what is a "good" (divine) quality and what is a bad quality? Moral relativism is inescapable, by my mind, so.....
(March 5, 2020 at 4:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 5, 2020 at 4:05 pm)unityconversation Wrote: Well the thing is, we don't have dominion over other species because we are physical, obviously other animals is physically superior than we are. We have dominion over the animal because we have a divine reality.

You seem to be talking in circles. Human have a divine reality, and that divine reality is evident in human qualities. Huh?

And some of the kindest, gentlest most admirable qualities I’ve witnessed in people happened when they were thoroughly baked.

Boru

No, that divine reality that we have is evident of God.
(March 5, 2020 at 4:14 pm)unityconversation Wrote:
(March 5, 2020 at 4:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: You seem to be talking in circles. Human have a divine reality, and that divine reality is evident in human qualities. Huh?

Boru

No, that divine reality that we have is evident of God.

Would the evidence be evident?

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Obviously evinced evident evidence! Woohoo!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing I saw on a site that I want to comment on ShinyCrystals 5 239 March 21, 2024 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  The Possibly Proper Death Litany, aka ... Gawdzilla Sama 11 749 December 18, 2023 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 817 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3582 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  "How do I know God exists?" - the first step to atheism Mystic 51 29540 April 23, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  The Nice Thing About Being An Atheist JackRussell 83 27364 July 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  Is atheism a scientific perspective? AAA 358 58095 January 27, 2017 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Losing my religion was the best thing that ever happened to me. Mechaghostman2 30 5768 November 6, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My anti-theistic perspective Foxaèr 122 15170 February 4, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky
  Atheism and Anti-Theism same thing? ErGingerbreadMandude 114 16718 February 2, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: God of Mr. Hanky