Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans
What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans
And what do you think would happen if someone tried to hex you by doing one of those rituals?
RE: What do atheists think of pagans and wiccans
What do atheists think of wiccans and pagans? Different things. What if someone tried to hex me? I 'd think it was one of the most adorable things an asshole might do....but wiccans and pagans don't do their rituals to hex people...so...? There's a difference between ceremonial or ritual magic and sympathetic or hedge magic.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 10, 2022 at 1:57 pm)Woah0 Wrote: And what do you think would happen if someone tried to hex you by doing one of those rituals?

That he/she is a gullible fool?
Cetero censeo religionem delendam esse
Just another flavor of woo......
(September 10, 2022 at 2:23 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: Just another flavor of woo......

But without the political power. As such, they are mostly harmless and I don't concern myself about them in the least.

The OP will be relevant when pagans and wiccans are 70% of the population and many of them actively try to influence laws so that the rest of us have to live our lives in accordance with their beliefs.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I'd think it was cute that anyone tried to hex me, just as I think it's adorable that others think their prayers can affect you.
Dying to live, living to die.
I consider pagans and wiccans the same as any other religion... irrelevent
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

My neighbor, besides being a friend is also a Wiccan. One day, upon observing her wave her hand up and down in front of her door, she caught my puzzled expression and explained that she was casting a ward on her door. I likewise explained that I initially thought that for some reason she was painting the door.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 10, 2022 at 1:57 pm)Woah0 Wrote: And what do you think would happen if someone tried to hex you by doing one of those rituals?

Scam artist.

I don't like hex... I would rather work in binary Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you think Atheists are stupid? Authari 121 5030 January 4, 2024 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1904 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 980 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4466 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2192 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do you think Science and Religion can co-exist in a society? ErGingerbreadMandude 137 38742 June 10, 2017 at 3:21 pm
Last Post: comet
  I fear hell, and this article made things worse for me. What do you guys think? arda101 26 4678 February 5, 2017 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Autolite
  Why do atheists think Original Sin isn't real? ErGingerbreadMandude 34 6719 January 21, 2017 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Have you ever actually heard an response that made you stop and think? jmoney_419 32 5379 September 23, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  When Atheists Can't Think Episode 1: No Evidence for God? Delicate 510 86212 December 30, 2015 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda