Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mississippi 'deals with" Westboro Baptists.
Mississippi 'deals with" Westboro Baptists.
They got the shit beaten out of them. About fucking time too.

http://www.retirelikeme.com/2011/04/...baptist-plans/

Well ,fuck political correctness and fuck Fred Phelps and co. If it was the funeral of a member of my extended family, most of the males over the of age 12,including me, would do their best to put those pricks in hospital. We wouldn't let the women get involved;they would kill the bastards; you REALLY don't want to piss off an Irish family.

Considering US gun culture, I'm actually surprised and disappointed that neither Fred nor any of his obnoxious offspring have become shot. One can only hope they continue further south, to say Dallas Angry Mob
RE: Mississippi 'deals with" Westboro Baptists.
These people have always ticked me off. They go way over the line.
Aside from the physical violence I say good on them!
There's a big difference between "freedom of speech" and being an abusive prick.

Just remembering that they protest in the hope that some one will attack so that they can then sue.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Quote:There's a big difference between "freedom of speech" and being an abusive prick.

Actually, no. That's the whole point of the First Amendment. Still, the law only prevents the government from moving against them. Others are free to take whatever risks they like.
With the exception of the assault, I approve of this initiative. Tongue
Signature pending...
So the cops technically "broke the rules" by "bringing them in for questioning", ah well Big Grin
(April 26, 2011 at 11:35 am)theVOID Wrote: So the cops technically "broke the rules" by "bringing them in for questioning", ah well Big Grin

I don't know. The police have an obligation to protect the demonstrators while they are demonstrating and also to maintain the peace. Before the demonstration begins I'm not so sure they have any obligation at all. It would require the WBC to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) that the police conspired to deny their constitutional rights.
Difficult as I doubt there is much of a paper trail ( it's Mississippi, after all....they don't read/write much to begin with.)
(April 26, 2011 at 11:17 am)Zen Badger Wrote: Just remembering that they protest in the hope that some one will attack so that they can then sue.

I think provocation is taken into consideration.

I'm all in favor of the Phelp's freedom of speech, even when it's offensive. They also need to take responsibility if they personally provoke someone into assaulting them. The government can't prosecute you for saying shocking things about someone's mother or using the N word to a black person but if you do so and get put in the hospital, don't whine about it. That's provocation.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Link gave me a 404 Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baptists in Texas don't support Biden Foxaèr 12 1462 January 7, 2021 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Apparently The Fucking Baptists Have A Problem Minimalist 19 6606 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Racism is alive and kicking in Mississippi church drfuzzy 56 6261 April 28, 2016 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jimmy Carter leaves Southern Baptists to stew in their own sexism. Whateverist 28 5756 April 24, 2015 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
Question Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Leonard Nimoy's Funeral Vox Populi 55 16369 March 2, 2015 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: remagination
  Sleazy Baptists in my neck of the woods. Jaysyn 8 2583 October 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: searchingforanswers
Sad The Westboro Baptist Church is coming to invade my city! IronicAlchemist 32 9956 February 28, 2011 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Westboro church blame amish for death of little girls downbeatplumb 0 1991 May 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb