Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:09 am

Poll: When it comes to the idea of revenge ...
This poll is closed.
I'm all for it. A balance must be kept!
66.67%
4 66.67%
Vengeance is only for god to decide.
33.33%
2 33.33%
Revenge is ok as long as you don't kill anyone.
0%
0 0%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah, I Could Definitely Kill You
Lightbulb 
Yeah, I Could Definitely Kill You
Zenith posed the question, Would You Do It? in the Atheism Forum a couple days ago. Could you murder a man in cold-blood for his money if you yourself were made destitute. The scenario was not based in any kind of reality and the perameters were very undefined to say the least. So here you go ... this is the new hypothetical:

You will have to make an assumption of how you will feel in the hypothetical future. Make that assumption based off how you feel currently and how you might feel assuming that the following were completely real:

#1. You are a moderatly successful person in life. Not Rich. Not Poor.
#2. You have a spouse and a family pet both of whom you love dearly.
#3. One night, you arrive home late to find a strange man assaulting your spouse.
#4. You fight with the man but he overwhelms you, knocking you unconscious.
#5. You awaken the next morning to find both your spouse and your pet have been mutilated and killed.
#6. Knowing that you saw his face, the man framed you for your spouses murder and you receive a life sentence in prison.
#7. Thanks to bleeding heart liberals, overcrowding of federal prisons is common and you are parolled after 21 years of serving your sentence.
#8 You now have nothing. You are old. You are an x-con. You are destitute, and you will never see the life and famiy you were supposed to have.
#9 You see the mans face in a local advertisement for city councilman.

What do you do?
Can you kill a man for taking everything from you? You would only gain the money he has on-hand and perhaps some of his possessions. It's unlikely that there will be any evidence left to find him guilty and exonerate you. Maybe you leave vengeance to your god ... after all he said, "vengeance is mine saith the lord."

Or do you look at the man's face and think, "Yeah, I could definitely kill you."
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Yeah, I Could Definitely Kill You
(April 27, 2011 at 8:30 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: Zenith posed the question, Would You Do It? in the Atheism Forum a couple days ago. Could you murder a man in cold-blood for his money if you yourself were made destitute. The scenario was not based in any kind of reality and the perameters were very undefined to say the least. So here you go ... this is the new hypothetical:

You will have to make an assumption of how you will feel in the hypothetical future. Make that assumption based off how you feel currently and how you might feel assuming that the following were completely real:

#1. You are a moderatly successful person in life. Not Rich. Not Poor.
#3. One night, you arrive home late to find a strange man assaulting your spouse.
#5. You awaken the next morning to find both your spouse and your pet have been mutilated and killed.
#6. Knowing that you saw his face, the man framed you for your spouses murder and you receive a life sentence in prison.
#7. Thanks to bleeding heart liberals, overcrowding of federal prisons is common and you are parolled after 21 years of serving your sentence.
#8 You now have nothing. You are old. You are an x-con. You are destitute, and you will never see the life and famiy you were supposed to have.

What do you do?
Can you kill a man for taking everything from you? You would only gain the money he has on-hand and perhaps some of his possessions. It's unlikely that there will be any evidence left to find him guilty and exonerate you. Maybe you leave vengeance to your god ... after all he said, "vengeance is mine saith the lord."

Or do you look at the man's face and think, "Yeah, I could definitely kill you."

With nothing to lose, I'd say, do it. I'd probably be no better than that son of a bitch, but at least then, we'd be on an even keel.
All men are equal in death.-Publius Syrus

EDIT: WOO HOO! 500th post!
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Another rigged poll...
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(April 27, 2011 at 8:30 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: Zenith posed the question, Would You Do It? in the Atheism Forum a couple days ago. Could you murder a man in cold-blood for his money if you yourself were made destitute. The scenario was not based in any kind of reality and the perameters were very undefined to say the least. So here you go ... this is the new hypothetical:

... sigh....

Quote:#1. You are a moderatly successful person in life. Not Rich. Not Poor.

What do you do?

Ummm... this example is so unrealistic given who I am that it isn't even worth the time answering. I can believe I'd be "moderately successful"... but I will never be married, have children, or have pets. This also is colored hard from a man's perspective. It is quite unrealistic for him to successfully frame you in the age of DNA evidence and the security camera(s) I would have outside my house. I would have committed suicide in prison years ago, death being an easier fate for me to take than boredom and shaving my hair on my head off.

Quote:Can you kill a man for taking everything from you? You would only gain the money he has on-hand and perhaps some of his possessions. It's unlikely that there will be any evidence left to find him guilty and exonerate you. Maybe you leave vengeance to your god ... after all he said, "vengeance is mine saith the lord."

I will kill if I want to kill. Of course I can kill in vein of revenge. Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I start with the jury who convicted me.
(April 27, 2011 at 9:49 pm)SpatiumTempusque Wrote: Another rigged poll...

Yes, but tell me how its rigged Spatium and I'll tell you if you're right.

(April 27, 2011 at 10:11 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
(April 27, 2011 at 8:30 pm)Cinjin Cain Wrote: What do you do?

Quote:Can you kill a man for taking everything from you? You would only gain the money he has on-hand and perhaps some of his possessions. It's unlikely that there will be any evidence left to find him guilty and exonerate you. Maybe you leave vengeance to your god ... after all he said, "vengeance is mine saith the lord."

I will kill if I want to kill. Of course I can kill in vein of revenge. Tongue

silly little Sae ... we already knew your answer honey. Would it make you happier if I posed more ridiculous questions like ... "who's the dirtiest on the forum? Tongue

Cinjin Cain Wrote:silly little Sae ... we already knew your answer honey. Would it make you happier if I posed more ridiculous questions like ... "who's the dirtiest on the forum?

Well I already did that, and the clear answer seems to be that we are all dirty people Smile

Especially our staff. They all need to take a bath or six. Together, of course Wink

But I know most people's answers to stuff by now. That's what happens when you're on a forum with the same people for a few years: you start skipping their posts because you've already read them in your mind and are rarely surprised Heart
(April 27, 2011 at 11:01 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
Cinjin Cain Wrote:silly little Sae ... we already knew your answer honey. Would it make you happier if I posed more ridiculous questions like ... "who's the dirtiest on the forum?

Well I already did that, and the clear answer seems to be that we are all dirty people Smile

Especially our staff. They all need to take a bath or six. Together, of course Wink

But I know most people's answers to stuff by now. That's what happens when you're on a forum with the same people for a few years: you start skipping their posts because you've already read them in your mind and are rarely surprised Heart

I'll try to remember that little nugget of wisdom.Cool Shades

Cinjin Cain Wrote:I'll try to remember that little nugget of wisdom.

I once tried to fly off of the brooklyn bridge. I succeeded ^_^
(April 27, 2011 at 11:26 pm)Aerzia Saerules Arktuos Wrote:
Cinjin Cain Wrote:I'll try to remember that little nugget of wisdom.

I once tried to fly off of the brooklyn bridge. I succeeded ^_^

Wacky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up TV remotes, a "Kill me" event. Brian37 35 1670 September 30, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 1939 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1450 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If you could have a conversation with anyone.. Cod 42 4806 July 21, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 907 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  If you could Cod 20 2170 December 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 5855 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4727 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  We could be villains The Valkyrie 31 2989 April 19, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  If you could make religion illegal ErGingerbreadMandude 102 9965 January 22, 2018 at 4:12 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger