Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could make religion illegal
If you could make religion illegal
If you could make religion illegal, as in, a complete ban on anything and everything that is religious, would you do it or not?
I ask this because a lot of atheists I know think religion is the root of evil. Most of the atheists I know would prefer if religion just disappeared, so I'm guessing they would make it illegal in a heartbeat.
RE: If you could make religion illegal
Of course not.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Absolutely not what would be the point in trying?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Oppression isn't the answer.
(January 19, 2018 at 1:30 pm)pool the matey Wrote: If you could make religion illegal, as in, a complete ban on anything and everything that is religious, would you do it or not?
I ask this because a lot of atheists I know think religion is the root of evil. Most of the atheists I know would prefer if religion just disappeared, so I'm guessing they would make it illegal in a heartbeat.

A great majority of religion already -is- banned.  We don't exactly let people sacrifice a virgin to the volcano, no matter how strongly held their beliefs.  The remainder is only tolerated insomuch as we decide it's not as bad as that...though the "genteel" religions have made it a hobby to test that boundary.

Personally, I think that banning all religion would invariably apply more shit on top of what's already a mountain of shit even if it would provide some palpable and specific benefit. So, no. Better to address the issue on a personal and non-legal level;..so that we get the specific and palpable benefits without all the poor schmucks martyring themselves to pixies.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Sounds fascist. Not my style.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(January 19, 2018 at 1:30 pm)pool the matey Wrote: If you could make religion illegal, as in, a complete ban on anything and everything that is religious, would you do it or not?

You'd be in the clinker.

Yeah man, and while I'm at it ban all drugs and alcohol wait fuck no.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Not illegal. I think they did it right when they wrote up the US constitution. No official religion, and no religious test for office. If they just held to that, keeping an actual seperation of church and state, then that would be best. Unfortunately theocrats have worn it down to the point that some people legitimately believe we were founded as a christian nation (the wording of the declaration of independence doesn't help), but if we can go back to what the founding fathers actually wrote out, it would be best. Banning religion isn't any better than banning atheism. Let people believe what they want to believe. Just don't force your opinions on others.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Illegal or banned, no. Contained, yes. Your religion/religious views should stop where my nose starts.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where would you go if you could? Brian37 24 2016 August 18, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  I could change my username again...... Foxaèr 29 1510 June 7, 2020 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  If you could have a conversation with anyone.. Cod 42 4861 July 21, 2019 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  "Top 10 Shows That Could Be The Next Game of Thrones." Gawdzilla Sama 11 916 May 21, 2019 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  If you could Cod 20 2191 December 25, 2018 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  If you could live in a fairy tale Foxaèr 35 5988 November 11, 2018 at 7:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  If you could look like any celebrity The Industrial Atheist 30 4793 April 23, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  We could be villains The Valkyrie 31 3006 April 19, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Just out of curiosity, does this song make you feel uncomfortable? orthodox-man 7 1050 February 23, 2018 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Deep Down I Wish I Could Just Hug You Fuckers Edwardo Piet 25 2764 October 18, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus