Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 3, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3jrWVp2L7U
undefined
RE: The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
I love it..absolutely love it
Definitely one of, if not their absolutely, best songs. God I love The Beatles.
(April 28, 2011 at 8:18 pm)Watson Wrote: Definitely one of, if not their absolutely, best songs. God I love The Beatles.
I will go further and say it is the best.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If I never heard it again ... I'd be ok.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 1, 2011 at 2:26 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: If I never heard it again ... I'd be ok.

You may feel that way, but do you realize how much this song and this album changed the musical landscape?
(May 1, 2011 at 2:15 am)FaithNoMore Wrote:
(April 28, 2011 at 8:18 pm)Watson Wrote: Definitely one of, if not their absolutely, best songs. God I love The Beatles.
I will go further and say it is the best.

"Stawberry Fields" is the name of a Salvation Army children's home in Liverpool.

The song was written by John Lennon during his I'm-a- pretentious- wanker-on- LSD phase.Cool Shades
(May 1, 2011 at 2:46 am)padraic Wrote: The song was written by John Lennon during his I'm-a- pretentious- wanker-on- LSD phase.Cool Shades

This proves that drugs are not always a bad thing.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(May 1, 2011 at 2:56 am)leo-rcc Wrote:
(May 1, 2011 at 2:46 am)padraic Wrote: The song was written by John Lennon during his I'm-a- pretentious- wanker-on- LSD phase.Cool Shades

This proves that drugs are not always a bad thing.

I never said they are, only implied it in this case.

John Lennon never wrote ANYTHING approaching the sheer awfulness of George Harrison's Hare Krsna dirge "My Sweet Lord", which in my opinion was the nadir of popular musical history.

When I was 20 we all thought John Lennon was profound. He wasn't. He was facile at best,patronising at worst, a clever popular musician in touch with his times.
I think John Lennon was profound and facile, patronizing and clever. He was definitely a huge asshole. But he made beautiful music and said some things that needed to be said through his songs. Strawberry Fields Forever is one of my favorite Beatles songs, though there are so many of them I love I couldn't name an absolute favorite. My least favorite Beatles song, however, is Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds; everyone loves it, but it bores me to death. lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You lost, and everybody saw it, I'll beat you forever WinterHold 3 600 October 20, 2023 at 5:07 am
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Beatles song lyrics meaning-- All you Need is Love bennyboy 5 5570 July 8, 2013 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Do you want to live forever? theVOID 10 3029 December 22, 2010 at 6:25 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  The Beatles - More Popular Than Jesus binny 6 1983 April 12, 2010 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Violet