Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello there
Hello there
I am just another atheist new to this forum. I chose "prayforme" for a username because Christians usually insist on it anyways. I figure what the hell, if they want to waste their time I'll go ahead and give them the encouragement (like they need it right?).

So I'm here primarily to seek out like minded-individuals to socialize with. You know, BS and that kind of thing. I might even decide to take a trip to a convention of sorts for the first time if there are any in my area. I don't intend to spend too much time debating theists because well I've done my share in the past - mostly trying to correct mis-perceptions about atheism (perhaps the most trying of all efforts). And by theists I mean Christians of course, the flavor of recent history.

My family is your average mainstream Christian bunch, if not a bit on the less religious side of the spectrum. Still quite difficult to discuss things like atheism with them. Sick and tired of having to explain and reexplain atheism to them - all I get back is appeal to emotion, atheism=religion, and "one day you'll find God". What's worse is that I deal with fun things like depression and anxiety which they attempt to associate with atheism. Sick.. and ... tired.

OK, rant over. Hope to make some new friends and maybe even meet a few in person at some point. See ya in the forums.
RE: Hello there
Welcome to the forum, prayforme. So tell me exactly what do you need to be prayed for?
I could use a winning lottery ticket so you could start with that. Tongue
Welcome prayforme, enjoy the forums.
Too sleepy to read, but i think you introduced yourself...

So welcome Levitate
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hi....

Badger
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
Welcome to the forums. Where are you from?
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
(May 9, 2011 at 4:12 am)prayforme Wrote: I could use a winning lottery ticket so you could start with that. Tongue

Confusednork: God hates most Xtians or they'd all be rich, I think.
Hey dude, welcome to the forums.

I'm up for the bullshit Wink
"I chose "prayforme" for a username because Christians usually insist on it anyways."

More appropriate would be "prey on me". Supporting the parasites (oops, the priests and preachers) makes them prey in my book.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello there! ShinyCrystals 15 1207 September 1, 2023 at 4:42 pm
Last Post: galaxycliffnix
  Hello there! R-Farmer 32 2429 June 10, 2023 at 8:41 am
Last Post: R-Farmer
Big Grin Hello there! vytautas 14 1018 August 22, 2020 at 4:42 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5283 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello there EarnieBanks 5 843 May 18, 2019 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello there! Aliza 51 12155 July 21, 2017 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Hello there! YouOnlyLiveTwice 12 2262 July 4, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello there Mr.Obvious 32 6645 May 30, 2017 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Ben Davis
  Hello there, I am new here. SuperSentient 18 3766 March 4, 2017 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello There! Just One More Irreligious Brat who Fell Out of Their Religion MrNoTheism 11 1640 October 31, 2016 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas