Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:15 pm

Poll: How dissapointed are you with Sony?
This poll is closed.
Very, but i'll remain a loyal customer
26.32%
5 26.32%
Not very, this downtime gets me outa the house!
0%
0 0%
I'M BUYING AN XBOX!
5.26%
1 5.26%
I've lost all faith in Sony
15.79%
3 15.79%
Not bothered as long as i get compensation Tongue
21.05%
4 21.05%
I don't really give a shit
31.58%
6 31.58%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playstation Notwork
Playstation Notwork
Hey dudes, i'd just like to get a little thread goin on the current outage of the PSN.

I think by now we all know what the deal is, those damn hackers have fucked up sony's reputation big time.

I'm curious though, what are your guys main thoughts on this? (if there's even any ps3 owners on here Tongue)

For me it's just the fact that's it's been down for like 3 weeks, and i'm hearing news now that it wont be up till the end of May. Anyone else think this is ridiculously long? I know they are rebuilding the entire system but the longer this goes on the more i'm doubting Sony's integrity. Not that i don't have good enough reason already.

I've been a pretty loyal customer to Sony, i've had a ps1, 3 ps2's and i'm on my second ps3. Not to mention the HUNDREDS of games i've bought. And all i'm hearing as a reward for my loyalty is that playstation plus premium service which is worth $4. REALLY?

So yeah, there you go, say whatever you feel on this outage, i'm interested to hear some opinions on this Smile
RE: Playstation Notwork
Must suck for you guys, they should have some other form of connectivity for his scenario, such as locally hosted WAN matches powered by a server listing service, so people can play with some limited services - Surely it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Can you use the internet on your PlayStation during this network downtime, or does it pertain to all services?
Sony sucked way before the PS3 network went down. Sony is, all & all, a crappy corporate citizen.

Let us recount:

1.) They try to shoehorn their expensive proprietary media formats (MiniDisc, UMD, Memory Stick, Betamax, Blu-Ray) into any product they can.

2.) They ruined Star Wars Galaxies with the "New Game Enhancements" & "Combat Upgrade".

3.) Rootkit DRM on audio CDs.

4.) The sued Lik-Sang out of existence for daring to sell Japanese PSPs & games to other countries.

5.) They manufactured exploding batteries & sold them to other laptop vendors. Product testing fail all around.

6.) They removed, after purchase mind you, the OtherOS functionality from every PS3 that has ever been updated. Some drooling morons will tell you "you didn't have to update", but the fact is, if you wanted to continue playing newer games or watching newer movies on your PS3, you'd have to update it at some point. They are being sued left & right for this now.

So in closing, fuck Sony. Also, if we have any Sony fanboys on here, well fuck you too for enabling their bad behavior.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
I don't think it'll change anything. Sony suck. We all know that.
(May 10, 2011 at 12:25 pm)theVOID Wrote: Must suck for you guys, they should have some other form of connectivity for his scenario, such as locally hosted WAN matches powered by a server listing service, so people can play with some limited services - Surely it wouldn't be too hard to implement.

Can you use the internet on your PlayStation during this network downtime, or does it pertain to all services?

Yeah what you're suggesting is what i've always thought. I don't see why they don't have some form of contingency plan. They really did fuck up big time.

And i can still surf the net, because it's literally just a browser. But anything directly relating to what ps3 offers is out of service.

And Jaysyn i know where you're coming from. Personally i loved sony, i grew up playing playstation.
But now i realise they are just another big corp taking their customers for granted.

I'm still going to buy sony products, i know some people will say they don't deserve it but they're being extremely naive if they think other companies like microsoft do any more for us as customers. So i'm definitely not getting a shitbox.

They've fucked up, i'm disappointed, but what can you do?

And frods, YOU WANKSTAIN.
You mean you agree with me Nap??
(May 10, 2011 at 1:52 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: You mean you agree with me Nap??

I never agree with you frodo Smile
You just did. And then didn't in the same post. Ah, such is yoof.
(May 10, 2011 at 1:56 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: You just did. And then didn't in the same post. Ah, such is yoof.

Whatever, go away Angry
I was a somewhat loyal customer to Sony because of my appreciation of the PS2, and my expectation that the PS3 would be essentially an upgraded PS2. Sure, they bungled up online games, but I was never directly affected by that, so it was mostly a nonissue to me. However, when the PS3 came, it couldn't play any of my massive game library from the PS2, it shipped with very few good games that I couldn't get on my Xbox already (it did a poor job of convincing me which platform to play on), it removed the OtherOS after it shipped and screwed with a lot of people's reasons to buy it (even the military), and it bogged down my ability to play their games with downloads of a gigabyte and sometimes more after I had already purchased the game (is why i don't play heavy rain or Uncharted 2 again: that download is unstomachable).
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assballs One vs PlayStation 4 BlackMason 13 1743 November 17, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: ManMachine