Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello fellow atheists
Hello fellow atheists
Been reading this forum for months, decided I needed a place to gather with other like minded people.

Now my de-conversion story is pretty boring, so I'll be quick. Started doubting at around 6th grade but still considered myself a good catholic. My doubt subsided in 8th grade due to no explanation to the contrary. That was until a friend of mine in high school started educating me in certain topics that basically shot down all religious belief in me. My transition was easy because my friends, being true friends didn't give two shits what my beliefs are. I am pretty open except to my family and certain family friends. My family because my mom likes to say only negative things about atheism and comparing them to fundamentalists pricks and the friends because a lot of them are fundamentalists pricks. Live in Scottsdale, AZ so unfortunately they make up about 60% of the population. I am currently senior in high school at the moment and enlisting in either the active army or the national guard.

So thats my amazing back story so far.
RE: Hello fellow atheists
Welcome Foxtrot

... and yes Wink Shades I did pick up on the military alphabet .... F.U.

[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 16, 2011 at 12:51 am)Foxtrot Uniform Wrote: Been reading this forum for months, decided I needed a place to gather with other like minded people.

Now my de-conversion story is pretty boring, so I'll be quick. Started doubting at around 6th grade but still considered myself a good catholic. My doubt subsided in 8th grade due to no explanation to the contrary. That was until a friend of mine in high school started educating me in certain topics that basically shot down all religious belief in me. My transition was easy because my friends, being true friends didn't give two shits what my beliefs are. I am pretty open except to my family and certain family friends. My family because my mom likes to say only negative things about atheism and comparing them to fundamentalists pricks and the friends because a lot of them are fundamentalists pricks. Live in Scottsdale, AZ so unfortunately they make up about 60% of the population. I am currently senior in high school at the moment and enlisting in either the active army or the national guard.

So thats my amazing back story so far.

Hello, do you go to desert mountain high school? I went there before and all I did was mess around with rich girls. Don't join the army or the national guard, Ive lost 5 friends to iraq so it's not worth it.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
I go to shadow mountain high currently, but went to horizon high for my freshman and sophomore years. I appreciate the concern with the military, but it represents a large part of who I am right now, besides my very devout atheist views of course.

Devout atheist views? How alarming.

Hi...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(May 16, 2011 at 12:59 am)Cinjin Cain Wrote: Welcome Foxtrot

... and yes Wink Shades I did pick up on the military alphabet .... F.U.

Aw, man. You beat me to it.
Quote:I appreciate the concern with the military, but it represents a large part of who I am right now

Too many xtian fuckheads in the army, though. Can't even trust the office corps.

BTW, I'm in Surprise. Nice to have another Arizonan who isn't as fucking crazy as the shitheads running this state.
I know about the overwhelming religious nature of the military, but it will pay for college and in the mean time I get to do something I will hopefully love, grunt work.

Arizona is too full of nut jobs, only thing I like about this state is the gun laws.
Grunt work bores me to hell. I much prefer to manipulate grunts into work they didn't know they were going to have in the first place.

Sure, it 'pays' for college... I hear it also upgrades your limbs and might even restore your mental functions to the proper indoctrinated status... and let us not forget it provides stupidity with guns and the training to make good use of them.

Oh the woes of poverty... so glad poor I am not Heart Why are so many poor? I think it has something to do with cats. Overweight ones. That steal the attention away from beautiful women that are in the room and want attention Angry

Fucking cats... Angry
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Oh Sae, I think it's time to take your medicine Big Grin
Welcome, Foxtrot! Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5298 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
Video Greetings fellow travelers! entheogen 20 1474 September 17, 2018 at 8:02 am
Last Post: entheogen
  Hello, my fellow Homo Sapiens. I salute you. Don Jehuda 48 12310 May 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Hello! Just need to commune with some fellow atheists in a religious world. Rosie_Rivets 11 1958 November 11, 2016 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  Hello fellow atheists Macoleco 21 1920 August 25, 2016 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello, Atheists are going to hell :) Shaddam IV 26 4419 November 23, 2015 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Hello fellow nontheists MentalGiant 16 4684 September 16, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: DeathByDespair
  Hello Fellow Atheists! Shuffle 30 5285 July 29, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: Athene
  My Fellow Secular Citizens Joko 12 3787 July 7, 2015 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
Music Hi fellow space travelers Arjiuna 15 4780 April 6, 2015 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: c172