Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An eye for an eye or turn the other cheek?
An eye for an eye or turn the other cheek?
Regarding the news story about Ameneh Bahrami who was disfugured and blinded by the man she turned down a marriage proposal to... who took the option in law to have her perpetrator blinded with acid in retribution.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13401360

Lots of interesting discussion stemming from it. The sentance is on hold due somewhat to international condemnation, and there's an attempt to raise money for compensation which the victim may accept.

Comments:
The death penalty in some US States is retributary
Killing OBL was retributary
"An-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye-for-an-eye ... ends in making everybody blind" - Mahatma Gandhi.
Retribution isn't for the state
RE: An eye for an eye or turn the other cheek?
The Iranian authorities have to show that they are conscious of international opinion, yes, but not to bend over backwards as to free the criminals either. The woman had a container of acid splashed on her face while she was fully conscious, she felt the pain, her clothes were burned onto her body, and she is blinded. Therefore, I think it is understandable why she would want a retribution against him for what he did to her. Also, if the retribution is carried out, and if he's going to be anesthetized and have his vision removed, then this is not exactly an "eye-for-an-eye," but a lighter punishment - because the man has destroyed both her her sight and her looks - while he's only going to be blinded, but nothing will happen to his face, and he won't feel the pain.

BTW, I think this thread should be merged with the following thread if a mod or an admin is reading this: Blinding of an attacker in Iran. But it's not your fault if you didn't see it before.
Sorry forgot about the other thread Confused

Following on from points there... you said Ryaan you were unsure of Islamic law... It is stated that: The punishment is legal under the Islamic Sharia principle of qias, equivalence or analogy, which allows retribution for violent crimes.

Just as in the OT laws from eye for an eye were to let the people feel justice is done. If you're wronged only an equal and opposite action against your perpetrator is going to make you feel that balance has been restored.

I found it hilarious so many people citing Christian forgiveness and higher morals as "civilized".
I say blind the fucker.
Apparently there are thousands (4 thousand??) of this exact incident occurring over there a year, with little or no punishment for the men. Pictures show the somewhat handsome chap sobbing into his hands.
(May 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm)Shell B Wrote: I say blind the fucker.

Wait a minute....why don't they just throw rocks at the bitch? Isn't that the way they usually handle uppity women? She shouldn't have said "no."

BTW, Frods. "Turn the other cheek" is what catholic priests want from their altar boys.

(May 20, 2011 at 1:56 pm)Shell B Wrote: I say blind the fucker.

With the acid. In the face. And ensure it hits his clothes as well so as to burn them onto his body. And pour acid on even more if you can... disfigure him to the point a skin graft will not hide it.

Minimalist Wrote:Wait a minute....why don't they just throw rocks at the bitch? Isn't that the way they usually handle uppity women? She shouldn't have said "no."

Usually... seems they make an exception in this case. I agree that it is weird.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
If he doesn't turn his other cheek, how can I blind his other eye?
I said it in the other thread and I'll say it in this one too. Let Iran do whatever the fuck they want to him. Blind him. The man knew the barbaric punishments of his religion. He rolled the dice. He lost! Fuck him!

Oh, and about the money owed to the woman. All the money in the world isn't going to buy this woman's face back.

and FUCK the assholes who side with that piece of shit who threw the acid anyway. Min's right ... stone the victim isn't just a sentiment held by Muslims!

Hearts never bleed for the victim the way the bleed for the douche bag criminal.
[Image: Evolution.png]

wow, fuck the acid, put a ciggerates out in his eye's to blind him and disfigure his face with a cheese grader. This guy deserve's to be tortured for the rest of his life.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat Earth and other scientific errors in the Quran Fake Messiah 4 1109 January 19, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5887 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Islam; my faith; and other faiths WinterHold 77 11355 April 30, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why is Allah holding Iblis to a different standard than the other Jinn? ReptilianPeon 32 7804 July 4, 2016 at 4:10 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions? Goosebump 38 6192 June 9, 2015 at 3:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What if other ideas were defended the same way? DeistPaladin 15 3437 November 13, 2014 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Bill Maher: Islam in not like other religions mralstoner 1 1103 September 14, 2014 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Sex with Muhammad's Corpse and other catchy tunes Ziploc Surprise 5 3838 July 12, 2012 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird