Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is Allah holding Iblis to a different standard than the other Jinn?
Why is Allah holding Iblis to a different standard than the other Jinn?
I'm also wondering if Iblis is a Jinn or not. The Quran seems confused on this.

Quran 18:50 says that Ibilis is a Jinn: Behold! We said to the angels, "Bow down to Adam": They bowed down except Iblis. He was one of the Jinns, and he broke the Command of his Lord. Will ye then take him and his progeny as protectors rather than Me? And they are enemies to you! Evil would be the exchange for the wrong-doers!

Or is Quran 2:34, which says Iblis is an angel right?

And behold, We said to the angels: "Bow down to Adam" and they bowed down. Not so Iblis: he refused and was haughty: He was of those who reject Faith.

Quran 15:30 - 31 also claims Iblis is an angel: So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together: (30) Not so Iblis: he refused to be among those who prostrated themselves.(31)

I can't find where it says other Jinn refused to bow to Adam. If such an Iyaht is in the Quran then that creates more problems than it solves. Here are a few that I can see:

1. Why are the other Jinn not banished?
2. All Jiinn are make of this "smokeless fire" stuff so why is Iblis any different?
3. Again, why is Allah hold Iblis to a different standard to the other Jiinn (or angels)?
4. And, while we're at it, how can something be made from fire when fire is a chemical reaction taking place?
5. Smokeless fire is impossible?
6. And let's not forget the angels, of which Iblis may or not have been one of. How can something be made of only photons?

Quran 7:11 - 12 seems to say that Iblis is an Angel made of fire even though it's the Jinn who are made of fire, not the angels: It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who prostrate. (10) (Allah) said: "What prevented thee from prostrating when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."

And don't the Iyaht saying Iblis refused to bow to Adam contradict Qutan 16:50 - 51 which say angels have no free will:
And to Allah doth obeisance all that is in the heavens and on earth, whether moving (living) creatures or the angels: for none are arrogant (before their Lord). (49) They all revere their Lord, high above them, and they do all that they are commanded. (50)

Why is the Quran so confusing?

RE: Why is Allah holding Iblis to a different standard than the other Jinn?
I'd refer your query to Melchizedek.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 19, 2016 at 5:45 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I'd refer your query to Melchizedek.

Just seeing who I can coax out of the woodwork.

It isn't often bandied about, but there's a second class of spirits, closely related to Djinn. They're called Han'donikks.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
LOL GUISE

Dont be Islamaphobe. That is Bee-goat-tree.
(May 19, 2016 at 5:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It isn't often bandied about, but there's a second class of spirits, closely related to Djinn. They're called Han'donikks.

Boru

I thought they were called Tonnikks? Ice and a slice in mine, please.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 20, 2016 at 8:28 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 19, 2016 at 5:50 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: It isn't often bandied about, but there's a second class of spirits, closely related to Djinn.  They're called Han'donikks.

Boru

I thought they were called Tonnikks? Ice and a slice in mine, please.

Fuck you nigger. Respect Islam you ray-cyst bitch
Oh boy, do I feel a prophecy coming on.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(May 20, 2016 at 8:35 am)EuphoricAtheist Wrote:
(May 20, 2016 at 8:28 am)Stimbo Wrote: I thought they were called Tonnikks? Ice and a slice in mine, please.

Fuck you nigger. Respect Islam you ray-cyst bitch

Islam isn't a race, you tit.
(May 20, 2016 at 8:39 am)Stimbo Wrote:
(May 20, 2016 at 8:35 am)EuphoricAtheist Wrote: Fuck you nigger. Respect Islam you ray-cyst bitch

Islam isn't a race, you tit.

WHAT THE FUCK? It isn't? Oh my Allah. I have no arguement. My social justice autism has been blown away by your brilliant logic.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Malaysian convenience store owner charged over 'Allah socks' zebo-the-fat 4 84 March 26, 2024 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Killing Allah by one topic Eclectic 16 1718 December 11, 2022 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  If Allah has a plan, what is the point of Dua? ReptilianPeon 246 30166 March 23, 2022 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Flat Earth and other scientific errors in the Quran Fake Messiah 4 1090 January 19, 2020 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
Rainbow Allah is ENERGY Mahdi Ibrahim 232 14713 March 8, 2019 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: DarthFritz82
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5791 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Allah's punishment for atheist & non believers yragnitup 62 12646 June 11, 2018 at 6:20 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Allah's Anatomy & Emotions yragnitup 20 3215 June 6, 2018 at 5:23 am
Last Post: yragnitup
  Athists & Infidels - Grab Allah's offer before its too late yragnitup 39 5330 March 27, 2018 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Star and I will command them so they will change the creation of Allah. WinterHold 0 573 December 8, 2017 at 3:10 am
Last Post: WinterHold