Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm a Foreman (Former Mormon)
I'm a Foreman (Former Mormon)
Hello,

I just left the Mormon church about 10 weeks ago after a long period of doubts and I am now at starting a new authentic lifestyle away from religious dogmas.

I've now been doing more studies and research on religion that my church warned me were satan's works the 12 years I was involved and I'm glad to see things for what they are instead of the way my religion wanted me to see them.

I'm almost 24, I'm a college student, a live-theater performer, and I am an Ex-Mormon.
RE: I'm a Foreman (Former Mormon)
Congratulaions on your awakening.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
Wow, it will be interesting to hear about what really made you walk away from the Mormon lifestyle.

Welcome.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
Congrats on escaping!

If you wish, and will, can you tell us how close this video is to what's actually taught? (No response will not be construed as anything other than "Sorry, I'm not interested in that.") I've not seen a Mormon reply that wasn't agenda driven, so I do wonder.

Welcome to the forums, feel free to lurk or post to your heart's content. You should sell your magic underwear on ebay.
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
Hello Nathan.

Welcome aboard.
Welcome to the forum, Nathan.

A Mormon limerick:
It is well known that Mormons love weddings.
More peculiar’s the state of their beddings
While fashioned with silk
And cloths of that ilk
They’re best known for their multiple headings.

- John C.
(May 25, 2011 at 9:23 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Congrats on escaping!

If you wish, and will, can you tell us how close this video is to what's actually taught? (No response will not be construed as anything other than "Sorry, I'm not interested in that.") I've not seen a Mormon reply that wasn't agenda driven, so I do wonder.

I've seen this before. This actually is pretty accurate. However, not all Mormons will tell you they believe this. I think what they did is cherry picked different teachings, doctrines, and sermons over time and put them into a cartoon.

I don't know where the teaching of Jesus wives came from though. I know the part about the spirit brothers of Lucifer and Jesus but I didn't see the source it came from.

They do believe they will become Gods someday even though it isn't written in church approved material, and they do believe God was once a man on another planet called Kolob.

The part about the blacks being cursed for remaining neutral is no longer in church approved material and they actually deny that the quotes of racism are accurate and they say that the Journal of Discourses is not an official church publication even though in the 1800s members were told to follow it as they would scripture. Most current devout Mormons only know about the fact that blacks couldn't serve in the priesthood until 1978 but don't really care to know why, and just think that God had a reason for it.

Having multiple wives in the celestial kingdom someday is still part of doctrine even though some Mormons will deny it. The reason being is the church tries to not have lessons with material that will cause major controversy even if it is in the scriptures.
(May 25, 2011 at 9:35 am)tackattack Wrote: Welcome to the forums, feel free to lurk or post to your heart's content. You should sell your magic underwear on ebay.

I actually never made it to the endowment ceremony that had the secret handshakes and tokens so I never was able to wear the garments. I didn't serve a mission either.
An ex morman, that is an interesting adition to the fold.

Welcome.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Given that now you've left them... how many of your former friends have ostracized you? Smile

Welcome...
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The only reason I became Mormon was because I snuck a taste of "Funeral Potatoes!" 😁 HankMoody316 10 1717 November 8, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Former JW Athena 41 3266 July 7, 2019 at 5:17 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hi, I'm an Ex-Mormon Atheist InquiringMind 16 1544 September 20, 2016 at 10:21 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3781 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  mormon ==> atheist azheathen 22 3809 January 10, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Hi, former pentecostal here Roger Mellie 23 3040 July 12, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Used to be a Mormon Awsamb 15 2705 April 29, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Awsamb
  Former Roman Catholic Here Sagasa 24 6226 March 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Former Pentecostal Christian Fruity 28 5877 February 27, 2013 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Fruity
  Hello from a former Baptist formerbaptist 17 2870 February 27, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: justin