Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: December 10, 2019, 11:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former JW
Former JW
I left the cult way too late in life. But here I am. I'm done with the first phases of becoming an atheist and settled in. Just want to find like-minded people. Nice to meet you.
RE: Former JW
Welcome! Join the fray!
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude

Welcome aboard.
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary for a battle to commence then KPLOW, I hit em with the illness of my quill, Im endowed..with certain unalienable skills....  

-ERB

(June 15, 2019 at 2:29 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Welcome! Join the fray!

Thanks!
Welcome.

Some years back a new coworker (who became a great friend) had recently left the JWs. It was a terrible experience for her but she made it through with help from friends and a bit of therapy.

Hopefully you too can move forward to a happier life.

Popcorn

Welcome. I love your name/avatar.
Welcome!

Boru
'A man is accepted into a church for what he believes.  He is turned out for what he knows.' - Mark Twain
(June 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm)Athena Wrote: I left the cult way too late in life. But here I am. I'm done with the first phases of becoming an atheist and settled in. Just want to find like-minded people. Nice to meet you.

Welcome. You can be certain that it is never too late.

Might I enquire how you got into and out of JW?
(June 15, 2019 at 3:41 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(June 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm)Athena Wrote: I left the cult way too late in life. But here I am. I'm done with the first phases of becoming an atheist and settled in. Just want to find like-minded people. Nice to meet you.

Welcome. You can be certain that it is never too late.

Might I enquire how you got into and out of JW?

My parents were inactive JWs. I was heavily indoctrinated by my mother, even listening to the tapes of the horrid bible story book. When I was 13, I saw someone die. He was cute, nice, and I had had a crush on him from the second I saw him. It was devastating. I started praying. Then, my JW grandparents found someone to study with me. I should mention I was also homeschooled. So, JWs were my only community.

I got out just by letting myself think critically for the first time in 25 years.

Welcome Woof.
God(s) and religions are man made and the bane of humanity. 

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. Ozzy or Twain/take your pick

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 2657 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Hi, former pentecostal here Roger Mellie 23 2357 July 12, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Raven
  Former Roman Catholic Here Sagasa 24 4763 March 22, 2013 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Former Pentecostal Christian Fruity 28 4057 February 27, 2013 at 3:26 am
Last Post: Fruity
  Hello from a former Baptist formerbaptist 17 2200 February 27, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: justin
Video Message From A Former Muslim apostasin 10 2665 July 23, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance
  Former agnostic, now Christian lucent 96 40577 September 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Former Athiest clipse26i 40 10958 July 25, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Gae Bolga
  Former Mormon missionary Korihor80 10 2148 May 29, 2011 at 12:16 am
Last Post: tackattack
  I'm a Foreman (Former Mormon) Nathan6329 11 3327 May 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Nathan6329